PDA

View Full Version : Steel City Tool End-User Rebates

Mark Wood
10-29-2006, 7:14 PM
Hey,

New here so I wanted to pass on that I heard from my local dealer Steel City Tool Works is going to offer introductory rebates to the end-user starting November 1st. I've been eyeing their 18" Bandsaw so I hope it's true. Has anyone else heard or seen anything?

Mark

Chris Cordina
10-30-2006, 10:31 PM
checked there web site, could not find anything about rebate. Going to check them out this Sat. in MN, need new band saw. if I hear anything Ill let you know. From what i can see thru pictures most everybody uses only one spring to tension the band saw blades, they use two which would seem more stable. Just an observation not to be misconstrued as fact.

Wilbur Pan
10-31-2006, 6:51 AM
Here's (http://www.steelcitytoolworks.com/pdf/steelcity_fall_us.pdf) the information you're looking for. Their 18" bandsaw is listed for $1,279 -- 20% off.

Rick Thom
10-31-2006, 7:48 AM
Beyond the price issue, has anyone actually purchased and is using the Steel City equipment? I haven't seen any feedback yet from actual end users, just from those woodshow goers.
What is the feedback? How does it compare quality, performance- and functionality-wise to other comparables in the same price league?
There are a lot of great band saws competing for your $.

Mark Wood
11-01-2006, 3:23 PM
Chris,

After You Email, I Went To Steel City's Site Today And They Are Offering End-user Rebates Thru January 31st. The 18" Bandsaw Has A $100.00 Rebate On Top Of The $1,279.00 Price. At $1,179.00, Looks Like I Have To Buy One. Thanks For Your Help.

Dan Stuewe
11-01-2006, 5:27 PM
From what i can see thru pictures most everybody uses only one spring to tension the band saw blades, they use two which would seem more stable. Just an observation not to be misconstrued as fact.

In looking at the parts drawing in the manual there seems to be 2 springs, but the parts list has "1" for the quantity of both the Spring and Support Rod. Chris, can you verify this this weekend?

Thanks,

Chris Cordina
11-01-2006, 8:49 PM
I also found the rebate this morning, thanks for headsup. Will also report back on what I think of the saw and the two springs. I want to like the bandsaw so I might be biased.:)

Chris Cordina
11-06-2006, 9:11 PM
I bought the saw. It is not a $3,000 saw but then I didn't spend $3,000 on it. It looks like a good strong saw, it does use two springs to tension the blade. I also liked the two trunions that the table sits on, the table must weigh 60 pounds but tilts like its on bearings, very smooth. The blade tension lever is very basic but works well. Ran the saw thru some 6inch cherry with supplied blade , a 1/2" 6tpi steel , not the best for resawing, it went slow but did not slow down. The cut was straight and did not wander. Only time will tell if I did right or not.