PDA

View Full Version : Hinged Outfeed Table Suggestions

Brad Noble
10-28-2006, 10:26 PM
First off, I'm dealing with a PM66 with an Incra TS III system fence. So now you know what I'm working on, you still need to know what I'm in search of. I would like to build me an outfeed table that folds down. Now I know this is not rocket science or anything but I am curious as to what kind of hinges you guys and gals have used on your saws. Does anyone out there make a fold down hinge gizmo that could be used almost universally on different saw cabinets or even specific for each model?

Pics are always good, ya know. Thanks in advance.

Brad

Jim Becker
10-28-2006, 10:27 PM
I just plain old door hinges from the "rust bin". Plans on my site for the rest if you need an idea.

Ken Garlock
10-29-2006, 1:13 AM
Hi Brad. I made a fold-down table for my Bridgewood 10LTS. The hings are from Wood Peckers and are used for mounting extensions to their drill tables.

I made a frame from 2x4s laid flat, covered that with 3/4" plywood, and topped it off with laminate from HD. The legs are 2x2 and mounted with hings that are used on card tables so that the legs snap in place when folded out and when folded shut.

The hings are attached to the Incra LTS fence rails by sliding a hex bolt along the underside slot of the rail. You will also need a a couple 2x4 firing strips under the table top to attach the hings.

My table is about 1/8" below the saw top. I had to play with the hing mounts and table leg lengths to obtain that small offset and keep the table level.

Since I make it about a year ago, I think I have only folded it down one time. It makes a great assembly table.:cool: