PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with your DC bin lids when emptying?

Doug Shepard
10-28-2006, 6:06 PM
Before I commit myself to my current idea, I though I'd see what other folks are doing with the lid of their DC bins while emptying the drum. I ended up with a 30-gal metal drum with a lid that locks on with a lever cam lock ring. In addition to the flex hose hookup from the bottom of the cyclone to the flanged collar that will be attached to the top, I'll also have a small motor for a Dwyer Bin Level Sensor mounted to the lid. I'm thinking of suspending the lid with either bungees or light chain from the bottom of the blower housing so that when I need to empty the bin the lid isn't sagging against the cyclone attachment and stressing it. The Dwyer sensor motor, metal lid, and lever lock ring I'm guessing weigh maybe 10 Lbs ?
What do the rest of you do? Just let it hang from the flex hose?

John Miliunas
10-28-2006, 7:09 PM
Doug, I don't have the additional motor/hardware on mine, so it would be a bit different. On mine, I just let it dangle and I've not had a problem with it. Operating that way for close to two years now. :) :cool:

Jim Becker
10-28-2006, 7:29 PM
Mine stays connected to the cyclone cone by the very short piece of flex hose... ;) It just hangs there!

Russ Massery
10-28-2006, 7:46 PM
Just let it hang baby! Just emptied mine this morning.

Matt Meiser
10-28-2006, 8:19 PM
I just let mine hang too. And my level sensor is a lot heavier than yours since it has a big cast aluminum housing.

Dennis Peacock
10-28-2006, 8:23 PM
Mine stays connected to the cyclone cone by the very short piece of flex hose... ;) It just hangs there!

Yup, Mine too!!!!!! :D

Doug Shepard
10-28-2006, 8:26 PM
Cool. Maybe I'll just let mine hang out too.:D

lou sansone
10-28-2006, 8:26 PM
mine is out side just flapping in the breeze.
lou

Jim Becker
10-28-2006, 10:25 PM
mine is out side just flapping in the breeze.

It's really good that the TOS prevents us from taking advantage of you on that one, Lou... :D :D :D