PDA

View Full Version : Trillian Program Help

Steve Clardy
10-23-2003, 6:04 PM
Downloaded and installed the free Trillian Program.
How do I get it connected to Sawmill Creek Chat?
Steve

Kevin Gerstenecker
10-23-2003, 10:05 PM
Steve, I had a few problems getting Trillian up and running also, and Brad Schafer helped walk me thru the process. It was pretty easy to do, with the excellent help of Brad. Keep an eye out for Brad in Chat, I am sure he will help you with the problems. I would gladly help you out, but I am not really sure what Brad and I did myself! :D But, it works! Neat Chat program...............just ask Ron and Jason! :p

Jason Roehl
10-24-2003, 7:40 AM
Steve, I had a few problems getting Trillian up and running also, and Brad Schafer helped walk me thru the process. It was pretty easy to do, with the excellent help of Brad. Keep an eye out for Brad in Chat, I am sure he will help you with the problems. I would gladly help you out, but I am not really sure what Brad and I did myself! :D But, it works! Neat Chat program...............just ask Ron and Jason! :p

One question, Kevin. What's Trillian? :D

Brad Schafer
10-24-2003, 8:08 AM
One question, Kevin. What's Trillian? :D

J, you're a goober.

There are 3 basic steps to installing Trillian:

a) download and install the software

(optional)

b) download and install the Microscopic 2.0 skin
c) download and install Noah's modification to Microscopic

Noah Alkinburgh has pretty clear/explicit instructions at his website, but I can't remember the URL (Noah?).

The trick to getting Noah's stuff to work is to make sure stuff lives in the right folder. Assuming you took the defaults on the installs in steps (a) & (b), you need to make certain that the stuff in Noah's zip lives in the following folder/tree:

C:\Program Files\Trillian\skins\Microscopic\plugins\Emoticons \mdxp

Like this:

Noah Alkinburgh
10-24-2003, 8:31 AM
If you are interested in my instructions please send me a PM and I would be happy to get you the URL :D

Noah

J, you're a goober.

There are 3 basic steps to installing Trillian:

a) download and install the software

(optional)

b) download and install the Microscopic 2.0 skin
c) download and install Noah's modification to Microscopic

Noah Alkinburgh has pretty clear/explicit instructions at his website, but I can't remember the URL (Noah?).

The trick to getting Noah's stuff to work is to make sure stuff lives in the right folder. Assuming you took the defaults on the installs in steps (a) & (b), you need to make certain that the stuff in Noah's zip lives in the following folder/tree:

C:\Program Files\Trillian\skins\Microscopic\plugins\Emoticons \mdxp

Like this:

Steve Clardy
10-24-2003, 9:15 AM
Noah emailed me the link for the instructions. I played with it a little yesterday, but haven't got it right yet. Gotta go over it again. Sometimes it has to settle into the ol brain to make sense. Ha.
Thanks all, Steve