PDA

View Full Version : The Vortex Continues .....

Jim VanBramer
10-28-2006, 4:10 PM
Well, got all my supplies from Woodturningz yesterday ........ and turning pens is GREAT!!! Fun little projects, and you can make something start to finish in such a short period of time. Looks like I know what my Christmas gifts are gonna be this year ... they get a gift and I actually get to have fun getting their present for them for once! They use so little wood that I was able to salvage a piece that was destined for the burn pile to make this one. Every turner ought to try this ... it's so relaxing and just downright FUN! Well ....... back out to the shop for another one! :D Thanks for all your help Scott!

Jim V

Scott Donley
10-28-2006, 4:25 PM
Looking good Jim. Glad I was able to help a bit. Does this mean I don't have to be waiting for a phone call :D I also find pens as a nice break from the norm, it is kiinda nice to start and finish something and still have some of the day left ;) Is that maple that you had ?

Dennis Peacock
10-28-2006, 5:01 PM
Congrats Jim. Nice looking pen too!!:D
Nothing like real satisfaction with something made from your own two hands.

John Miliunas
10-28-2006, 5:09 PM
Great looking pen, Jim! BUT, beware: It's not only fun, it's addicting, as well! :D :cool:

Corey Hallagan
10-28-2006, 6:10 PM
Excellent work Jim! Now you have done it!

Corey

Bob Noles
10-28-2006, 7:24 PM
Beautiful Euro Jim and yes, pen turning is very adicting. You done good on this one and I hope you will share more.

Nancy Laird
10-28-2006, 7:38 PM
Great looking pen, Jim! BUT, beware: It's not only fun, it's addicting, as well! :D :cool:

Beautiful pen, Jim. And pen-turning is addicting--I've spent most of the day doing the same thing.

Nancy

Bernie Weishapl
10-28-2006, 7:59 PM
That is a nice looking pen Jim. Yep now you've gone and done it. It is fun but you have just fallen into the black hole. :eek: :D :p

Tom Sherman
10-28-2006, 9:32 PM
atta boy Jim, very nice looking pen

Jim VanBramer
10-28-2006, 11:37 PM
... BUT, beware: It's not only fun, it's addicting, as well! :D
Whaddaya mean ... addictive??? Maybe that would explain why my wife got so upset today ........ Something about forgetting to take my son to his soccer game! Geez! They just don't understand!!!:D

Ernie Nyvall
10-29-2006, 12:47 AM
Some pretty wood and a nice job on it Jim.