PDA

View Full Version : kid got order for 13 pens im chopped liver

CORY FETZER
10-28-2006, 3:12 PM
my son got an order for 13 pens from my work, for 13 servicemen that we are sponsoring for christmas phone cards etc i see what this means less time on lathe for me again, ive been woodworking for 30 years and who is commisioned for a job the 15 year old oh well it really helps his self esteem and makes me real proud of him and that he loves lathe pen turning

happy trails

RL Johnson
10-28-2006, 4:52 PM
Sure sounds to me like it is time to buy the kid his own mini-lathe. Only 57 more days to Christmas, you had better start shopping early.;)

Dennis Peacock
10-28-2006, 5:00 PM
Congrats on the order for several pens. Now it's time to buy that boy his own lathe and turning tools so he can keep up with orders. ;)

Bernie Weishapl
10-28-2006, 8:10 PM
Hey Cory the Rikon is still on sale. You better jump now.:eek: :D :p Cory that is awesome that the boy is jumping in like this. Tell him congrats on the pen orders.

Tom Sherman
10-28-2006, 9:40 PM
Yeah Corey that is way to cool, and Christmas times a comin

Tony Kent
10-29-2006, 2:07 AM
Hello
You must be very grateful to have a teenager that is thinking of others. Thats great, I am so glad he is in the shop making pens then out gettin into ..well you know. And yep seems like time for his own lathe.
Take care and thanks for posting that it's nice to hear things like that.

Tony

CORY FETZER
10-29-2006, 8:16 AM
sent my sister to woodcraft yesterday to get his christmas present a rikon with bed extension im getting him benjamin best tools though like im a hole lot better than my harbor freights

Andy Hoyt
10-29-2006, 9:26 AM
Way to go Cory & Co.!

So who's going down to pick up your sister's new wood spinner?

CORY FETZER
10-30-2006, 7:05 AM
no my sister is handy with tools but no time for turnning with running her own type setting business

Bernie Weishapl
10-30-2006, 12:36 PM
Hey Cory that is way to cool. I tried to get my son involved but to many other things going on. That is great.