PDA

View Full Version : Clamp Clearance Sale !! - I'm a sucker for a good deal (pic)

Glen Blanchard
10-28-2006, 2:20 PM
I went to Lowe's this morning anticipating walking out with a couple new Columbian clamps. I have quite a few of these clamps, and really like them. I went to the clamp section and did not see any Columbian. Flagged down the tool guy and he said they did not have any.......in the tool dept. He then informed me that Lowe's was not going to carry them any longer, but that there were some in the clearance area of the store. I found the clearance rack and it was filled with both Columbian and Jet clamps. These were all priced to sell at 50% off Lowe's normal price. I found the store manager and asked her if it would be possible to get better pricing if I purchased in quantity. She offered an additional 10% savings. I gathered up just about every Columbian and Jet clamp they had there and proceeded to checkout to pay 40 cents on the dollar.

http://smilesrus.com/woodworking/clamps.jpg

Stan Mijal
10-28-2006, 2:46 PM
Nice score Glen. Our local Lowes thinks 10% off is virtually giving stuff away. They have a lot of clearance, but it just sits there ......

Jim O'Dell
10-28-2006, 3:12 PM
One of these days, I'm going to have some money set aside when these things hit!! I am clamp poor at this point. Luckily, I won't be building much until I get the shop going! Congrats on the great score!! Jim.

Gary Herrmann
10-28-2006, 3:23 PM
Nice score Glen. At least you're not cackling like a loon when you make a big clamp score like I usually do.

glenn bradley
10-28-2006, 3:52 PM
Excellent deal! I love Lowes because they are often confused. I picked up some Jet corner clamps that are usually about $30 each. Supposedly they weren't going to carry them any more so I got 4 for $24. Two days later the clamp shelf was restocked with them and they've been there ever since. Ya gotta love it!

Bruce Wrenn
10-28-2006, 11:25 PM
Went to local Lowes the other day and Jet and Columbian "F" clamps were only two bucks cheaper than what I paid for 24" biessy's last year. Care to guess how many I bought? "0"

Greg Salata
10-29-2006, 6:02 AM
Great score on the clamps. Every once in a while if you keep your eyes open deals like this do come along. It pays to keep looking;)

Al Willits
10-29-2006, 9:39 AM
Appears each store must be different, some have no discounts, some almost give the stuff away...go figure.

I thought I did well with 2 10" Freud saw blades and 2 12" clamps, but you hit the jack pot...:D

Like said, looks like one of them stop by when ever your in the neighborhood deals, may have to adopt someone who works at Lowe's. :)

Al

Matt Meiser
10-29-2006, 10:55 AM
Appears each store must be different, some have no discounts, some almost give the stuff away...go figure.

I think the store manager and regional managers have a lot of latitude on this stuff, and I bet they get some guidance from their IT systems on how well stuff sells, etc. I think it also depends on how long it has been sitting. I've tried to get them to budge on an additional discount off the advertised 10-20% off clearance price when all they had left was the display model (with missing pieces) and they wouldn't. Another time we bought a clearance dishwasher which I'd seen sitting in the store for a month. We'd been debating on whether to buy it knowing ours was closing in on 15 years old but it still ran. It finally broke and we went in hoping to get a little off. We asked if they would go any lower without giving a number and the manager responded with a price about 1/2 off the original price. Our front door was a special order mis-order and we got it for about 30% of the original price.

Luther Oswalt
10-29-2006, 11:01 AM
Glenn,
You actually talked to the store manager ... I was begining to think that they didn't exsist! Nice haul ...

Leo