PDA

View Full Version : Skating around the workshop

donnie wood
10-27-2006, 3:28 PM
Take this idea and go with it. You cut the boot off the skate and then cut the skate in half. Now you guys come up with ideas, I already have.

Dennis Peacock
10-27-2006, 3:30 PM
Ha!!!! My kids already use my shop as a skating rink of sorts. :rolleyes:
I always just make sure to give them permission when I have nothing very important going on in the shop. :D

Jim O'Dell
10-27-2006, 3:35 PM
Man, if there was some saw dust left on the floor, we might have a new olympic sport! :D Jim.

Rennie Heuer
10-27-2006, 3:37 PM
Sounds like a neat way to wrestle sheet goods around!

donnie wood
10-27-2006, 3:37 PM
Now if you can think of something to do with the wheels, they may not have any skates. But please go to yardsales to get them.

donnie wood
10-27-2006, 3:42 PM
Just think you have hard smooth wheels with ballbearing that will support alot of wiegth, as I remember from watching some of the girls from my skating days.

Bart Leetch
10-27-2006, 3:48 PM
I am not sure I would let children skate in the shop no matter how big the shop is just one header into the corner of a tool top or other sharp object & you'll have a medical emergency on your hands.

Sorry I just don't see the shop as a children's play area.

A shop is a great place to learn wood working I have several boys in my shop each year each with a older sponsor i.e. father or brother etc. to make pine box derby cars. At the door I always stop them & tell them all one bit of horse play & the culprit will find themselves outside immediately if not sooner.

So far in 4 years I've not had any horse play in the shop.

I love children & that is why they don't play in my shop.

Bob Childress
10-27-2006, 4:03 PM
Take this idea and go with it. You cut the boot off the skate and then cut the skate in half. Now you guys come up with ideas, I already have.

Skates have boots? When I was a kid, they came with a key and tightened over the soles of your shoes. :eek: :D

Dick Aubochon
10-27-2006, 4:06 PM
Skates have boots? When I was a kid, they came with a key and tightened over the soles of your shoes. :eek: :D

Hah, I was thinking hockey skates! Wondering how long it would take for the ice to freeze in the shop. Or, how is the Zamboni gonna get around inside with all the tools in the way.:D