PDA

View Full Version : Doing a Demo In Indiana

Bill Grumbine
02-25-2003, 1:34 PM
Greetings Creekers (and Creakers for you old guys :D )

Some of you may know that I am going to the Pond Going Away Party at Ray Thompsons. Through some conversations with other Ponders, and some teaching opportunites which came up, I learned of the regular meeting of the AAW chapter out there.

I was asked, and have agreed to demonstrate for the club meeting of Sunday afternoon, 4/13. So, if you are a turner (and even if you aren't), and you are going to Ray's, and you have the time, you might want to check it out. Mark Twain said an expert was somebody from out of town. I guess that makes me an expert.

I will post details as they become available.

Bill

James O'Mara
02-25-2003, 7:39 PM
Is this the state of Indiannna or Indianna, PA? If Indianna, PA I might just attend as I have wanted to see a demo for some time and I have been booted out of the house by the construction company that is doing my addition, and will be staying not to far away.

Jimmy

Bill Grumbine
02-25-2003, 8:17 PM
Hi Jimmy

Of all people I should have thought of that distinction, seeing as how I spent quite a bit of time trying to get through college at IUP. :eek:

I should have written Indiana the state. The Pond Going Away Party is going to be in Anderson IN April 12th, with some of us showing up on the 11th. I'll be there until at least Tuesday the 15th as I have been asked to teach some turning classes while I am out there. Then the demo came up. It will be a lot of turning, but there's nothing wrong with that!

I figure I'm going to be in front of or next to a lathe from Friday afternoon until Tuesday evening, with a few potty and food breaks. I might even take a nap. :D

So do you live in Indiana PA or close by? I spent almost six years out there, and when I wasn't in Indiana proper, I spent a lot of time in the booming metropolis of Shelocta.

Bill

Ken Salisbury
02-25-2003, 8:20 PM
Bill,
I will see you at Ray's Friday - should be in by mid-afternoon. I am looking forward to it.

Terry Hatfield
02-25-2003, 9:45 PM
Some Arkies and Okies are a comin' up thair to yankee land too!!! It's gonna be a real fun deal. Not sure if we can stay til Sunday afternoon , but I sure hope we can. See you there and you have been warned.:D

Terry