PDA

View Full Version : OT...new mattress

Kirk (KC) Constable
10-23-2003, 9:06 AM
At some point recently, Jean decided our two year old, mid-line KingKoil mattress set was contributing to her aching back...so yesterday, at her direction, I picked up a rather spendy (!!) 'space age' foam mattress set to replace the KingKoil. We will move our 'old' one to the other bedroom to replace a low-end KingKoil set (maybe a year old).

My back is acting up this week, so I'm sore anyway...but I must say that when you lay on one of these mattresses, the difference is evident. I tossed and turned like I usually do, but was comfortable the entire time (considering my sore back).

The reason I'm posting this is to caution anybody else considering a new bed to remember any furry friends that might sleep in it with you. :rolleyes: The cocker can no longer sleep in her usual spot at the end of the bed, because the foam 'tips her off' to the floor. She has to plant herself right in between us. And she snores. And makes other offensive noises, if you knowhutImean. :D

Happy trails...

Jason Roehl
10-23-2003, 9:14 AM
hahahahhahahahahah!!!

Lee Schierer
10-23-2003, 9:19 AM
With our cat you sometimes have to be careful moving your feet around under the covers when he is in a playful mood. Things that move under the covers sometimes get attacked if they get to close to his highness. :eek:

Glenn Clabo
10-23-2003, 9:41 AM
LOML tells everyone that she sleeps with suround sound snoring...me on one side...one black lab on the other...one yellow lab at the foot of the bed. She claims the windows rattle more than when a good old nor'easter passes through sometimes.

Alan Tolchinsky
10-23-2003, 10:48 AM
I got tired of my dog kicking me in the head and finally got her out of our bed. We made her a nice big bed on the floor and she has a lot more room now. And I haven't been kicked in the head for a long time. But even without the kicks, I'm not making any more sense than usual. :)

Scott Coffelt
10-23-2003, 4:49 PM
If its a tempurpedic, I have had mine for about 1-2 years now. I loved it from the get go, but still toss once in a while. It took the better half about 2-3 weeks to get used to it. I hate all other beds now. You really can not feel the person next to you move, other than the covers that is.

Paul Kunkel
10-23-2003, 11:00 PM
The reason I'm posting this is to caution anybody else considering a new bed to remember any furry friends that might sleep in it with you. :rolleyes:

I've banned all the furry ones from the house. They can have the garage. The feathered ones remain, in cages at nite. We love our Select Comfort!

Jim Becker
10-24-2003, 9:44 AM
I've banned all the furry ones from the house. They can have the garage. The feathered ones remain, in cages at nite.

Our feathered masters will not allow us to have furry friends...although they thought the baby groundhogs on the deck last spring were cute. :rolleyes:

Ed Falis
10-25-2003, 12:11 PM
Hey Jim,

Your new "avatar" looks really familiar - what's he from?

- Ed

Jim Becker
10-25-2003, 12:22 PM
Your new "avatar" looks really familiar - what's he from?

'Tis the season for costumes...that's something I scraped from the Batman site...the Joker, of course! :D

Ed Falis
10-25-2003, 1:01 PM
'Tis the season for costumes...that's something I scraped from the Batman site...the Joker, of course! :D

It's a good 'un.

- Ed