PDA

View Full Version : Resolution Changing

David Fairfield
10-25-2006, 3:23 PM
Hi guys. I thought of a way to speed up work by changing resolution from 1200 to 600 on parts of a job that need less precision. Right now I'm printing as separate jobs on the same work piece.

I know power and speed can be changed on the same job, is there some way to program changes in dpi onto the same job?

Thanks
Dave

Nancy Laird
10-25-2006, 4:27 PM
Dave, On our ULS and in Corel X3, when you pull up print preferences, each color that is called can be changed--power, speed, and dpi are all variable on the same workpiece. If you change the color of the portion that you want to speed up and change the speed, power, and/or dpi, you can speed up that portion of the engraving. Check out your print preferences--you can set different ones for each color you have.

Nancy

Mike Mackenzie
10-25-2006, 7:31 PM
Nancy,

You can only change the PPI not the DPI per color This is a very difficult task because most of these lasers emulate printers and I have never seen that function being able to be variable.

Nancy Laird
10-25-2006, 9:15 PM
Nancy,

You can only change the PPI not the DPI per color This is a very difficult task because most of these lasers emulate printers and I have never seen that function being able to be variable.

OK, I was thinking PPI! Oops!

Mike Null
10-25-2006, 11:06 PM
What kind of work are you doing that requires 1200 dpi?