PDA

View Full Version : Hit & Run Driver Caught

Joe Pelonio
10-25-2006, 9:56 AM
My son (18) was in Redmond yesterday when he heard a crash. He pulled around the corner and saw a smashed up car (below) and ran over to see if the driver or any passengers were hurt. Anyway, after confirming that the driver who was alone had not been injured, he asked where the other car was, and she said it just took off. Soon they heard sirens, but they stopped a few blocks away. Turns out that a landscape contractor in his truck and two cars of his employees following him had seen this happen, called 911 and followed the guy and boxed him in. Then they all got out and surrounded his pickup until the cops arrived.

http://www.members.aol.com/joshpelo/MVA1.jpg

Russ Filtz
10-25-2006, 12:43 PM
Kudos to them! Lucky the idiot in the pickup didn't have a gun. These days you never know!

My wife was involved in a mild hit and run in Chicago. She chased him, and the other driver was boxed in by a City bus! Somehow she ended up having to file a report at the station and I don't think the other guy was even ticketed!

Naturally his insurance was some scam operation and never replied to my insurance inquirys. Actually they replied, but said the driver wouldn't reply and without his statement their hands were tied! Total BS! Complained to the State, etc., but got nowhere.

Ended up eating my own deductible and I'm sure my rates went up.

Phyllis Meyer
10-25-2006, 1:04 PM
Hi Everyone,

My Sister-N-Law was killed by a drunk driver (hit and run). If it weren't for a young man that stepped forward and turned his friend in we would have never known. The young man with the help of family and friends had already placed the vehicle on a bed to be transported to where-abouts unknown! Thanks to this person with morals and great police work, he is in jail today! Terrible tragedy, very long story, but we do want this young man to come out of jail with hopefully a new life, and a changed heart!

Thanks for letting me share.

Sincerely,
Phyllis

Joe Pelonio
10-25-2006, 1:23 PM
Hi Everyone,

My Sister-N-Law was killed by a drunk driver (hit and run). If it weren't for a young man that stepped forward and turned his friend in we would have never known. The young man with the help of family and friends had already placed the vehicle on a bed to be transported to where-abouts unknown! Thanks to this person with morals and great police work, he is in jail today! Terrible tragedy, very long story, but we do want this young man to come out of jail with hopefully a new life, and a changed heart!

Thanks for letting me share.

Sincerely,
Phyllis
Phyllis,

One of my younger brothers (there were 9 of us kids) was killed back in '90 by a drunk driver. This was a head-on on a winding road on the northern CA coast. The other guy was in a full sized pickup, my brother in a small Toyota. The drunk guy was injured enough that he wasn't going anywhere and went to jail, but we never did follow the case to see what happened after. It's really painful to even think about it, even now. My wife and I were the last of the family to see him alive just the day before.
My son, who stopped to help this lady, was just 3 then.

Tom Stover
10-25-2006, 4:08 PM
My wife was involved in a hit and run once. The car in front of her was stopping, she didn't see him and hit him in the rear. He looked out the mirror and took off. The police said he probably had drugs, a stolen car or no insurance.