PDA

View Full Version : Panel optimising software

Charles McKinley
10-22-2003, 8:35 PM
What software are you using to do lay out? I'm currently doing it on paper. I'm looking at Cut List plus. What else is out there? Advantages? Disadvantages?

Thanks

Lee Schierer
10-23-2003, 9:32 AM
I use Don Micolettis Aheet layout for windows. It is fast, accurate and pretty easy to use.Sheet layout (http://www.sheetlayout.com/)

Jim Becker
10-23-2003, 11:49 AM
I have found CutList Plus to be very useful for optimizing material cutting operations. The only issue's I've has is "human mistakes" in the take-off process from my CAD drawings or "napkin sketches"...'can't blame that on the software!

Mike Worthan
10-23-2003, 1:56 PM
I'll second a vote for Cut List Plus. Just finished using it for a full set of kitchen cabinets and it saved me 3 sheets of ply. I also used the label feature to print out removable labels and the time saved alone in organization with 70+ pieces made the 60.00 spent for the silver package worth every penny. Good product. :D

Richard McComas
10-23-2003, 3:49 PM
What software are you using to do lay out? I'm currently doing it on paper. I'm looking at Cut List plus. What else is out there? Advantages? Disadvantages?

Thanks
Another vote for Cutlist Plus