PDA

View Full Version : Had a weird dream...

Art Mulder
10-24-2006, 9:20 AM
I'm not usually one to remember dreams. My wife is the one in our family who does that.

But last night I had this weird dream fragment, and it was about woodworking, no less.

My table saw was making a horrendous noise, and when I opened it up, I found out that somehow I had mounted two sawblades instead of one. And not only that, but somehow (this makes sense in dream-space, not reality) the one blade was mounted off center, and had had all the teeth knocked off it while the saw was running. The other blade was cracked and wrecked also.

Topping it off, the one blade was the nice 80 tooth crosscut that I scored just a month ago at a woodshow for a gloattable $20, and the other blade was my "best" combination blade.:mad:

What does it all mean? :confused:

Maybe my subconscious is telling me that I need to buy some new blades. Or at least sharpen the old ones.... :cool: I was just planning to go over my TS and check alignment and tune things up, better be extra carefull.

Happy Tuesday!

Mark Rios
10-24-2006, 9:31 AM
No...I think it means something a little more than that. I think it means that you need a new Table Saw.

Matt Meiser
10-24-2006, 9:33 AM
Be afraid, be very afraid. :D :D

Dennis Peacock
10-24-2006, 9:52 AM
No...I think it means something a little more than that. I think it means that you need a new Table Saw.

Yup....I agree with ya Mark.....

Hey Art! Just get you a nice PM2000 or if you really want to settle your wild dreams for ever? How about an Altendorf 8' slider for starters? :p :D

Art Mulder
10-24-2006, 10:03 AM
Yup....I agree with ya Mark.....

Hey Art! Just get you a nice PM2000 or if you really want to settle your wild dreams for ever? How about an Altendorf 8' slider for starters? :p :D
Stop it with the new saw talk you guys!!:mad::D

First, we would need to move to a house with a larger / more easily accessible shop.

Then, finances permitting (ha!:eek: ) I can look a something like a nice new SawStop... :rolleyes:

Otherwise I'll stick with my GI 50-185 Tablesaw (http://www.imaging.robarts.ca/%7Eamulder/wood/rev-saw/), which works fine.

...art

Al Willits
10-24-2006, 10:03 AM
Might pay to lay off them White Castles....:D

Al

Joe Pelonio
10-24-2006, 10:07 AM
My opinion on dreams is that if you dream about work, it's time for a vacation. If you dream about your hobby, it's time for a vacation. So you can do your hobby more.

Art Mulder
10-24-2006, 10:08 AM
Might pay to lay off them White Castles....

The nearest White Castle is a 2hr drive down the highway and across the border somewhere in Detroit, as far as I know.

No, the problem is probably more likely laid at the feet of the 3 year old coming crying into the bedroom at 3-4am and causing some ... interruption ... to our peacefull sleep.:(

Rob Bodenschatz
10-24-2006, 10:38 AM
The dream is telling you that you need to move to a house with a larger / more easily accessible shop.

Lee DeRaud
10-24-2006, 10:57 AM
The nearest White Castle is a 2hr drive down the highway and across the border somewhere in Detroit, as far as I know.I think I saw that movie. :cool:

Tyler Howell
10-24-2006, 11:08 AM
Art,
It's safe.You can share your feelings here.

Were you breast fed as a child?
Did your father give you a lot of attention?
Do you dream of other power tools?
When did you first start feeling this way about saw blades?
:rolleyes: :D :p :D Rx. Go out and buy a few toyls

Lee DeRaud
10-24-2006, 11:11 AM
When did you first start feeling this way about saw blades?There's a joke about "arbor size" hiding in there somewhere. :eek:

Mark Singer
10-24-2006, 11:44 AM
It is the common dado blade syndrome.....take 2 blade stiffeners and call me in the morning:rolleyes:

BTW: dado means finger in spanish....never flip someone the dado....it is dangerous throwing tools around:rolleyes:

Bob Childress
10-24-2006, 5:15 PM
[quote=Art Mulder]I had this weird dream fragment, and it was about woodworking, no less.

My table saw was making a horrendous noise,

It was snoring.

and when I opened it up, I found out that somehow I had mounted two sawblades instead of one.

Home-made dado set.

And not only that, but somehow (this makes sense in dream-space, not reality) the one blade was mounted off center, and had had all the teeth knocked off it while the saw was running.

Cutting eccentric dadoes in aluminum-clad MDF.

The other blade was cracked and wrecked also.

Plus, you hit a hidden nail.

Topping it off, the one blade was the nice 80 tooth crosscut that I scored just a month ago at a woodshow for a gloattable $20, and the other blade was my "best" combination blade.:mad:

Never mix blades in a home-made dado set.

What does it all mean? :confused:

You want a new table saw, of course. That's why you intentionally wrecked your blades, so you could blame it on the saw. ;) Or maybe it was something that happened to you as a child. Did your father ever lock you up in a room with a noisy, broken table saw? :rolleyes: Or maybe it wasn't a dream. have you gotten out to the shop yet? :)

quote]