PDA

View Full Version : Mini Gloat

Kevin Gerstenecker
10-22-2003, 4:40 PM
No really..............this is an ACTUAL Mini Gloat................my VS Mini Lathe arrived today! :D Haven't had a chance to spin any wood in 'er yet, but I did fire it up and just sit and watch it turn. :p I played with the VS feature, and I am glad I switched my order to the VS...........I think this will be very handy. I am impressed with the construction of the Mini............it is a very solid little machine. I need to get a stand set up for it...........but in a pinch I can always use it on my assembly table. Then, to top it off, my Cole Jaw Set was delivered by the Mail Lady, so now I can reverse chuck my bowl turnings and make an easier job of finishing the bottoms. All in all, a good day! Now, to get the Pen Supplies from the "Rebel" and crank out some Ornaments, small boxes and Pens............................so much for getting back to the Flat Work any time soon. ;) (I threw that in for Tom...........before he had a chance to do the same!) :D Gee, I wish it was Friday! :cool:

Noah Alkinburgh
10-22-2003, 4:57 PM
STOP Please!!! I don't want to here any more of you gloats or see any more of your nice work :D

(ok the truth is my avatar should be bright GREEN with ENVY)

Have fun, can't wait to hear what you think of it when its got wood on it.

Noah

Jim Baker
10-22-2003, 9:46 PM
Now if you will get the Jet Mini Pen Lathe, you can have a "Three Bears" thing going on. A big lathe for Papa Bear, a mini lathe for Mama Bear, and a mini pen lathe for baby bear. It would make a great picture for christmas cards to see three lathes with three turners all lined up in a row, with chips flying everywhere.

Congrats on the new lathe.