PDA

View Full Version : It's a lie !!!

Scott Donley
10-23-2006, 9:35 PM
Everyone is always saying that once you start turning you will never need your flat tools again. It is a lie ! You will need to make something to hold your chisels! :D

Anthony Yakonick
10-23-2006, 9:59 PM
You have yet to start turning, the lathe is way too clean;) ;)

Nice tool rack!

Bernie Weishapl
10-23-2006, 10:04 PM
I was going to say the same thing. The lathe isn't being used from what I can see. Way to clean. Besides my table saw makes a excellent shelf for my turning stuff.

Scott Donley
10-23-2006, 10:05 PM
You have yet to start turning, the lathe is way too clean;) ;)

Nice tool rack!The flowerbeds are overflowing with "mulch" After every turning I have to sort of clean up as the dog loves to roll in the chips just before he comes in the house. ;)

Dennis Peacock
10-23-2006, 10:16 PM
Very nice Scott....BUT....you could have "turned" a round tool holder.:p :D

Scott Donley
10-23-2006, 10:19 PM
I was going to say the same thing. The lathe isn't being used from what I can see. Way to clean. Besides my table saw makes a excellent shelf for my turning stuff.Thanks Bernie ;) First time I have ever been accused of having a to clean shop :D

Scott Donley
10-23-2006, 10:24 PM
Very nice Scott....BUT....you could have "turned" a round tool holder.:p :D Man, You guys are tough :p

Travis Stinson
10-23-2006, 10:30 PM
You're no turner! I can see the top of the tablesaw/blank staging area!!!!:eek: :D

Scott Donley
10-23-2006, 10:35 PM
You're no turner! I can see the top of the tablesaw/blank staging area!!!!:eek: :DSee # 7 :D

Bernie Weishapl
10-23-2006, 10:58 PM
Travis I can't believe that table saw is not stacked up with turning blanks. Sheeesssh:eek: And the shop is so clean. My My My. :rolleyes: Yea yea yea the flower beds are overflowing with chips. Scott ya gotta make'em first.;)

Corey Hallagan
10-23-2006, 11:10 PM
Looks good Scott! Looks like it will do the job for sure. Got to keep those flatwork skills honed :) How yah liking that new lathe? turn that pile of wood yet you scored?

Corey

Scott Donley
10-23-2006, 11:29 PM
:) How yah liking that new lathe? turn that pile of wood yet you scored?

CoreyHi Corey, Really like the lathe so far, got a lot of hours on it and no problems. Still have one chunk of the maple ( getting tired of the maple, all I have really ever turned ) the walnut is next if I can find a way to cut it, and the locust , as of today, I gave up on. Thats another story :o

Corey Hallagan
10-23-2006, 11:54 PM
Well it was pretty wood. I salvaged a small chunk of that piece you sent me that cracked all up in transit. Might get a small bowl or vase out of it. It's about half the size it was. I think I can make something out of it. I just wish I could get back to turning but the kitchen remodel awaits me! BTW, new table saw, new band saw, new lathe... did you win the lottery? :)

Corey

Bill O'Conner
10-24-2006, 10:36 PM
I see a lot of Mayo in them pic Jet must love you HEHEHHE:D :D

Bill

George Conklin
10-25-2006, 11:04 AM
The flowerbeds are overflowing with "mulch" After every turning I have to sort of clean up as the dog loves to roll in the chips just before he comes in the house. ;)

Ahhh... The old " flowerbeds are overflowing with mulch" excuse:D .

Mark Pruitt
10-25-2006, 11:38 AM
Sombody said they were going to "copy" my bubinga bowl, so turn about is fair play. I'm copying your tool holder!:D :D :D

Scott Donley
10-25-2006, 4:43 PM
IS THIS BETTER :D

And Mark, you are welcome to the chisel holder, for just 99.95 I will send you detailed plans :D :D :D