PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone from greece?

Aristidis Tonikidis
10-22-2006, 11:26 AM
Is there anyone from greece?

Cecil Arnold
10-22-2006, 12:28 PM
I don't know but I plan to visit next year.

Rob Russell
10-22-2006, 12:33 PM
Aristidis,

Welcome to SMC!

If there are no other Greek Creekers, it'd be interesting to have you share some off your experiences. They are sure to be a bit different given your machinery, availability of wood and design preferences.

Rob

Frank Fusco
10-22-2006, 12:55 PM
Try contacting Mik at: http://www.theolivetrail.co.uk/
He isn't a Creeker and he doesn't live in Greece anymore. But he still sells Greek olive wood and other products. He has experience woodworking in Greece, including losing some fingers to his tools.

Tyler Howell
10-22-2006, 1:54 PM
Welcome Aristidis,
Not from Grease but sure enjoyed sailing the Ionian Sea.
What a wonderful time. The people and food were fabulous.
Isn't Dino from Grease:confused:

Mark Singer
10-22-2006, 2:08 PM
I really enjoyed it! Rhodes, Bodrum, Delos, Santorini, mickinos and of course the Plaka in Athens....the Acropolis ...amazing!

Matt Meiser
10-22-2006, 2:50 PM
Isn't Dino from Grease:confused:

What part did he play? :D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

John Bailey
10-22-2006, 5:18 PM
Γεια σου. Τι κανεις Αριστειδη.

Δεν εμαι απο την Ελλαδα, περναω το καλοκερι εκει. Απο πιο μερος στην Ελλαδα εισαι;

Γιαννης

Rick Doyle
10-22-2006, 7:13 PM
Γεια σου. Τι κανεις Αριστειδη.

Δεν εμαι απο την Ελλαδα, περναω το καλοκερι εκει. Απο πιο μερος στην Ελλαδα εισαι;

Γιαννης
Hey John.

Haven't got a clue what you're saying here - but, I'm impressed!!

Rick

John Bailey
10-22-2006, 8:42 PM
Don't be too impressed Rick. I've spent the last 3 summers in Greece and those little phrases took me a half hour to figure out (and then corrected by my wife). I wanted Aristidis to be welcomed in his native tongue. I simply said hello, how are you, I don't live in Greece but spend summers there and asked where in Greece he's from. That is a very loose translation.

By the way Aristidis, check out the Eureka - Zone in the manufacturer's forums. Dino is from Greece, and he's got some great products.

John

Norman Hitt
10-23-2006, 1:08 AM
Welcome Aristidis, I'm not from Greece, but really enjoyed the Crew layovers in Athene when I used to fly in and out of there a lot. Nice people, GREAT Food, great sights, and LOTS and LOTS of Beautiful Boats to look at.

John Bailey
10-23-2006, 4:58 AM
and LOTS and LOTS of Beautiful Boats to look at.

You've got the "boats" part right. I've sort of made a hobby of photographing Greek workboats. Here are a couple of my favourites.

48908 48907

It's my favourite spot in the world.

John

Glenn Clabo
10-23-2006, 5:53 AM
Kalimera Aristidis...
I'm not from there...but I lived there for 3 years 20 years ago. We really enjoyed it.

Mark Patoka
10-23-2006, 8:00 AM
Not from there either but did spend a week in Athens this past spring. My wife and I both want to go back and take a cruise around the islands. Beautiful place.

Jim Rabon
10-24-2006, 2:45 PM
Half Greek and have relatives still in Athens. Both maternal grandparents born in Crete. Visited Athens/ Marathon 12/03 with my daughter. A lot of construction going on then in prep for the Olympic Games, but still enjoyed it.

Ben Roman
10-24-2006, 10:07 PM
I am greek by marriage. I like cassetti cheese and quefalotithi. Welcome to the creek. I am a crazy puerto rican that made the mistake of marrying a greek girl. :)

Ben