PDA

View Full Version : Cabinets

Charles Bruno
10-22-2006, 8:55 AM
I've been thinking about building some cabinets for my work shop (garage) for some time now. I through out my drawings when I saw the cabinets in ShopNotes mag issue 59 vol.10. These were just what I wanted.

These cabinets are strong and sturdy, made from 2by stock. The 2by needed some work, jointed & planed to get square and straight. The only mod so far was on the top, I added a 1/4" piece of tempered HB for the top work surface.

Russ Massery
10-22-2006, 9:18 AM
Looks "Beefy" Nice job, Should last you a liftime.

Bob Huddleston
10-22-2006, 10:14 AM
I am currently building uppers for my woodshop (3/4" melamine with oak / ash face frames) and will then concentrate on the lowers. I like the "beefy" design as previously written. Thanks for sharing!

Jim Becker
10-22-2006, 10:15 AM
"Stout" comes to mind!

Charles Bruno
10-22-2006, 2:16 PM
I am currently building uppers for my woodshop (3/4" melamine with oak / ash face frames) and will then concentrate on the lowers. I like the "beefy" design as previously written. Thanks for sharing!

The upper cabinets for this unit will be a "to do later". I plan on making a similar design for them but not as beefy I’ll use some 1” stock for the framing. I think this will be a good project to try out the pocket hole jig set.

First I have another area of the garage that needs some attention. I’ll also make a roll around cart/ work table that should fit under this area.

Does anyone have any plans on a “flip top” so I can mount my planer to and flip it up as needed? I’ve seen the design before but I don’t recall where it was.