PDA

View Full Version : Old Rebel Workshop FreeStuff Winner! Oct 31, 2003

Keith Outten
10-22-2003, 2:16 AM
Congratulations to Noah Alkinburgh (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/member.php?userid=1090). Noah has won Kens Salisbury's pen makers kit and has untill midnight Friday November 7th 2003 to post a message here and claim his prize. Thanks again to "The Old Rebel Workshop" for donating this great prize. Our first winner Glenn Clabo declined the prize, see his post below.

Old Rebel Workshop (http://www.oldrebelworkshop.com/)

Ken Salisbury has donated a pen maker's starter kit as our next FreeStuff Drawing scheduled for "All Hallows Eve" October 31, 2003.

Kens kit includes the following;

Mandrel Arbor (either #1MT or #2MT whichever fits winner's lathe).
Mandrel Shaft (7mm)
5 Slimline Pen Kits
Slimline Bushings Set
7mm parabolic flute drill bit
5 exotic wood pen blanks
Retail Value $58.00
Free shipping (USA only)

Ken has also offered a free one- on- one pen turning lesson that will be included if the winner picks the prize up at the Old Rebel Workshop.

Steve Roxberg
10-22-2003, 11:58 AM
Old Rebel Workshop (http://www.oldrebelworkshop.com/)

Ken Salisbury has donated a pen maker's starter kit as our next FreeStuff Drawing scheduled for "All Hallows Eve" October 31, 2003.

Kens kit includes the following;

Mandrel Arbor (either #1MT or #2MT whichever fits winner's lathe).
Mandrel Shaft (7mm)
5 Slimline Pen Kits
Slimline Bushings Set
7mm parabolic flute drill bit
5 exotic wood pen blanks
Retail Value $58.00
Free shippng (USA only)

Ken has also offered a free one- on- one pen turning lesson that will be included if the winner picks the prize up at the Old Rebel Workshop.

Does the on-site training include beverages?

Ken Salisbury
10-22-2003, 6:37 PM
Does the on-site training include beverages?

Absolutely ! ! !

But only after the lesson is over

Julie Wright
10-22-2003, 10:35 PM
Well then,
Since I love beverages and turning Pens

PICK ME, PICK ME !!!!!
LOL

julie

Paul Wood
10-28-2003, 5:18 PM
Ken Hope that includes airfare from Canada return plus hotel accommodation
:-]

Dave Dionne
10-31-2003, 8:28 AM
You know if you pick me it will force me to finally go out and buy a lathe. Twist my arm PLEASE just not to hard :D

Dave Dionne

Mark Mandell
10-31-2003, 5:27 PM
If I win, will I be able to use the thing on a Stubby 1000? See 'cause I've been concentrating of 20" diameters and over, and now I'd have to start thinking 1/2" and less on a 3hp 850lb machine.

Am I gonna have to buy a another lathe if I get lucky? :eek:

Jason Roehl
11-01-2003, 7:49 AM
I guess some congrats are in order now, huh, Glenn? And, now I will finally have to break down and order some penmaking stuff from Ken at:

www.oldrebelworkshop.com/starterkits.htm

Julie Wright
11-01-2003, 8:06 AM
Dag Nab it, now I don't have an accuse to go to Huntsville to meet Ken and get a free one day lesson. Oh well better luck next time.

Congrats Glenn :)

Glenn Clabo
11-01-2003, 8:20 AM
This is pretty funny...I just sent some old pen kit parts to Ken so he could use them. I really don't like making them...so if you'd like to do a redraw...it's fine with me.

I will take the old guy up on a visit next time I'm down in that part of the country though.

Ken Salisbury
11-01-2003, 8:56 AM
This is pretty funny...I just sent some old pen kit parts to Ken so he could use them. I really don't like making them...so if you'd like to do a redraw...it's fine with me.

I will take the old guy up on a visit next time I'm down in that part of the country though.

This is really funny ---- Someone gives me something and I turn right around and try to give him a like thing right back.:D:D.

KEITH -- We need to redraw - Sure hope Scott Greeves doesn't win this time :D:D.

Glenn -- please do plan a visit. We can have some BL and laugh about this one ! ! !

Keith Outten
11-01-2003, 11:57 AM
Ken,

The luck of the second draw goes to Noah Alkinburgh, I know Noah turns pens, your the one who got him hooked :) I have edited the main post to reflect the new winner and thanks to Glenn for being a good sport.

This is really funny ---- Someone gives me something and I turn right around and try to give him a like thing right back.:D:D.

KEITH -- We need to redraw - Sure hope Scott Greeves doesn't win this time :D:D.

Noah Alkinburgh
11-01-2003, 3:17 PM
Hey Ken I need to modify my pen order !!!!

This is fantastic. Thanks so much Ken and Keith.

I don't know where my manners are. Thank you for being such a gentleman Glen and passing. That was a big thing to do and a lucky break for me :)

Noah

Glenn Clabo
11-02-2003, 6:32 AM
I don't know where my manners are. Thank you for being such a gentleman Glen and passing. That was a big thing to do and a lucky break for me :)
Noah

Enjoy Noah...if I didn't know better I'd think the old rebel fixed the first draw...just for a good laugh.

Ken Salisbury
11-02-2003, 9:10 AM
Congratulations Noah !!

Noah Alkinburgh
11-05-2003, 3:25 PM
visited me today with a nice package.

Can't wait to get to work on some pens.

Thanks again Ken! I really appreciate it.

Noah