PDA

View Full Version : Bessey Clamps on sale at Amazon

Scott Thornton
10-20-2006, 11:27 PM
12, 31, 50, 82, 98 " bessey k-body and more are on sale at Amazon. Group those with 25 off 150 or 50 or 300, pretty good deal...SAVEMORE is the promotional code...

I got two of each, minus the 12" clamps, plus some Mirka sandpaper for 257 delivered...

Mike Henderson
10-20-2006, 11:57 PM
The sale must have gone quickly because the 24's are the same price as always - $34.96. The SAVEMORE discount is available but that's on anything ($25 on $150 or $50 on $300).

Mike

Rick Levine
10-21-2006, 12:58 AM
Apparently not all of the clamps are on sale. Probably just the ones Scott listed. I just checked the 98" one and they are definitely on sale.

Mike Henderson
10-21-2006, 1:06 AM
Ah, you're right - sorry. I thought he had the 24's listed. Wishful thinking, I guess.

Mike

Lars Thomas
10-21-2006, 1:34 AM
Thanks for posting Scott, I was waiting for the 12"ers to go on sale. Lars

Paul Kinneberg
10-21-2006, 8:47 AM
the 24"s were on sale last week for $27 and change someone else had posted on it.

Larry Fox
10-21-2006, 9:54 AM
Lars, the picture-framers kit is on sale for $89.99. It has 2x12" and 2x24". If you buy that and dump the 12"ers on flea-bay for $20.00 per that nets you getting the 24" ones for $24.99 each - not bad.

Just a thought.

Paul Kinneberg
10-21-2006, 10:17 AM
Larry what did you search under to find that kit? I'm not having any luck.

Larry Fox
10-21-2006, 10:29 AM
Larry what did you search under to find that kit? I'm not having any luck.

Paul, you can find it using Bessey KBK1224 as your search phrases

Bart Leetch
10-21-2006, 10:43 AM
Well I just go P.Oed reading Rocklers advertisement E-mail for 2 24" & 2 40" Jet parallel clamps with little blocks to set them on for "Was $195.99, Now only $159.99". My oh My only 4 clamps I sure couldn't get much of a project done with 4 clamps if I was in a hurry I'd have to break the bank account or float a loan to afford enough clamps to do the job. Even on sale Jet, Bessy, Jorgy style parallel clamps are just to much.

Sorry fellows I'd much rather have my little bit of gold in the bank making me a little money than have it hanging on the wall I do this as a hobby. If I was making a living at it things would be different & still I would think I would have to be well sought after & my name very well known with prices to match before I'd spend money on these outstandingly priced clamps.

So what about a poll for those with these type of clamps in abundance meaning 25 or more clamps hanging or setting somewhere in their shop. Please tell us how often you use these clamps & do they make money for you or are you a hobby wood worker? How much gold $$$$ do you have hanging around your shop in the form of Bessy, Jorgy or Jet style clamps.

Yes these are good quality clamps & I'd love to have some even used donated ones would be fine. Yes its your money & your free top spend it any way you wish & I am glad for you.

I am just saying as a hobbyist I have never found the need to spend the money that these clamps cost & I have still been able to make what I have made & square it up just fine.

Larry Fox
10-21-2006, 10:52 AM
Bart, for me, I currently have 19 but am looking to acquire 6 of the 12" ones so I guess I am in your 25 or more category. I am a hobbiest.

I take your point but the problem with it is that your logic could be extended to almost anything in the shop. For example, a table-saw. Do we really NEED one or could we get by with with some really good hand-saws like the old masters did? Certainly a table saw is an extreme example but....

All these fancy things are, as you point out, largely unnecessary but they make things a bit easier and allow (at least me) to make better use of my time in the shop. My time is so limited with kids and stuff that 9-times-out-of-10 if I have a choice of making a jig for something or buying one, I am seriously considering the buy option. But that is me (and I hate making jigs). :) Again, a jig is one specific example of a more general argument.

Bart Leetch
10-21-2006, 11:07 AM
Thanks Larry I appreciate you comments & view point.

You have kids & Bessy clamps too:eek: :D :D :D you are a rich man!!! Just kidding.:) The children are what make you rich not the clamps.

Larry Fox
10-21-2006, 11:25 AM
Thanks Larry I appreciate you comments & view point..

Thanks - and I yours.

The children are what make you rich not the clamps.

Absolutely (althought there are days when I would trade both of them for far less than a Bessey clamp). :)

Byron Trantham
10-21-2006, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the lead. I just ordered 6 - 12" clamps. I've wanted them for quite a while and wouldn't pay that much for them. Two of them are for my borthher-in-law for Christmas.

Greg Koch
10-21-2006, 2:31 PM
Has anyone used the Bessey UniClamp? I looking at the 18", on this sale for about $17. I understand that it's lighter than the K-Bodys, but is it a waste of $ or a good buy for smaller projects, drawers, boxes etc..