PDA

View Full Version : World Series

Brian Stezowski
10-20-2006, 1:33 PM
Who do have????
Cardinals or Tigers?

Nancy Laird
10-20-2006, 1:44 PM
I prefer the Cardinals - have since I was about 4 years old - but I think the Tigers will take it in 5 - Cardinals are too tired after 7 straight games with no rest or travel days, and the Tigers have had a week to rest. I can always hope, but I think the AL will take it this year.

Nancy

Joe Pelonio
10-20-2006, 4:00 PM
The AL takes it most every year, along with the all star game. The Yankees spend so much money that the other teams are forced to spend more so the top 4-5 teams are going to end up better than most NL teams. The sole exception being our Mariners, we spend plenty but still can't get out of the cellar. We did do well against the NL though.

I'm for the Tigers this year just for Jim Leyland, he's worked miracles with that team and deserves it.

Jim Becker
10-20-2006, 4:05 PM
World Series. Hmmm....is that something to do with a sport? I guess so, so may the best team win!

Brian Stezowski
10-20-2006, 4:16 PM
OK, I'll fess up I'm a homer. For once we've been able to talk about baseball in Michigan without getting depressed (we have Cub fans on this side of the state too). I had a feeling Leyland would do good things, just not as quickly as he did. Solid pitching, decent hitting.... GO TIGERS!!:)

Keith Starosta
10-20-2006, 4:43 PM
Go TIGERS, BABY!!! :D :) :D :) :D :)

This has been an unbelievable season. I was a 13 year old punk when they won in '84, but I remember it like it was yesterday. This time around, I've been able to get my 10 year old son into it, and have even taught my 3 year old twins to run around the house yelling, "Let's go, Tigers, let's go!!!!" Too funny.

I'm not one for predictions, so I'll just say that with the pitching they have on their roster, and the clutch hitting they've had through the playoffs so far, I feel like they'll prevail.

- Keith

Jim Young
10-20-2006, 4:48 PM
Live in MI, gotta go with the Tigers.

Andy Hoyt
10-20-2006, 4:53 PM
Is it too late for Boston?:eek:

Go Tigers!

Ken Salisbury
10-20-2006, 5:04 PM
The best thing about the World Series is that neither New York team is in it. :D ---- GO TIGERS.

John Bailey
10-20-2006, 7:40 PM
Go TIGERS, BABY!!! :D :) :D :) :D :)
I was a 13 year old punk when they won in '84, but I remember it like it was yesterday.

- Keith

I was a "punk" 18 yr. old in '68 when the Tigers thumped the Cardinals. I haven't watched a sporting event for, probably, 10 yrs. I may have to find someone with a TV.

Go Tigers, Al Kaline and the boys would be proud.

John

Mark Stutz
10-20-2006, 8:11 PM
There is only one correct answer!;)

GO CARDINALS

Doug Shepard
10-20-2006, 8:16 PM

GO CARDINALS

This post has been reported to the moderators for obscenity.:D

Tim Morton
10-20-2006, 9:50 PM
Tigers in 4....ala Red Sox in 04!!:D

Nancy Laird
10-20-2006, 10:33 PM
The best thing about the World Series is that neither New York team is in it. :D ---- GO TIGERS.

AMEN!!!!!

GO CARDINALS!!!!

Jason Roehl
10-21-2006, 9:10 AM
GO TIGERS!!!

Joe Mioux
10-21-2006, 9:17 AM

GO CARDINALS

DITTO!!!!!!

Keith Starosta
10-21-2006, 9:20 AM
This post has been reported to the moderators for obscenity.:D

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!! :D :D

Well played, Doug!

- Keith

Keel McDonald
10-23-2006, 7:26 AM
Regardless of the winner,
AT LEAST IT AIN'T THE YANKEES!!!!!!!!

Joe Mioux
10-28-2006, 6:38 AM
It's a great day in CARDINAL land!:)

Tim Morton
10-28-2006, 8:20 AM
Tigers in 4....ala Red Sox in 04!!:D

Can you say "kiss of death"???? The tigers looked horrible. I read where they were 17 - 31 down the stretch.

Congrats to the Cardinal fans!!!!:eek:

Frank Fusco
10-28-2006, 10:10 AM
I have never in my life been a baseball fan, the game simply bores me. But in the past week, I have watched most of several WS games because my seven year old grandson is a huge Cardinals fan. Those games probably total more baseball that I have watched than in the previous 68 years. I have bought him some graded and sealed Pujols cards. Since the Cardinals won, I am excited about him being excited.

Jim O'Dell
10-28-2006, 11:08 AM
I didnt watch much, (it is hockey season, by the way!!) just enough to keep up with who won. Didn't have anything at stake either way, but rooted for Pudge.
I did like the sign I saw during game 4. I was just surfing through and stopped long enough to see a fan holding up a sign that said "Tigers...The other white meat" Some tiger fan should have thought of that first!! Jim.

Jason Roehl
10-28-2006, 8:38 PM
It ended up that the Tigers just plain beat themselves. Too many errors, too many cold bats. Neither team played well, not in the Series, not in the last part of the regular season. At least Steinbrenner was unable to buy a championship.