PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
10-20-2006, 10:58 AM
Friday October 20th, 2006

Well, it's the end of another work week. Hope it went well for everyone. My guess is that you're looking forward to the weekend.

Not sure what's on the agenda for the weekend yet, other than the Cup race and some football.

What's on your agenda for the weekend? Good, bad, honey do's? Hopefully, you'll get a chance to smell the sawdust or watch the chips fly [wood not cow] :D .

Enjoy and make it a safe one.

Karl

Jim Becker
10-20-2006, 11:01 AM
Saturday will be the normal running around for dance class, karate class, birthday party for a friend of the older's, shopping, etc. Any other free time this weekend will likely be taken by transplanting things out of the area where our future addition will go if the weather is acceptable. Maybe I'll get in the shop, too. Who knows?

Edit: Oh...Rob's post made me remember I have a "Creeker Meeting" on Sunday that involves some cherry from Western PA, too... :)

Rob Bodenschatz
10-20-2006, 11:12 AM
Saturday: Coaching my five year old's soccer game at 8AM. Ouch. My four year old's birthday in the afternoon. Halloween party in the evening.

Sunday: I'll be receiving 200 bf walnut & 200 bf of cherry from our friend in western PA. :D

Need to find some pallets to put the wood on as I need to store it outside. Any suggestions?

Joe Pelonio
10-20-2006, 11:23 AM
Saturday I'll finish painting around the outside of the new windows I put in, way up the ladder, then start peeling the popcorn ceiling and hopefully
blowing on the texture inside. Sunday I'll be here at the shop working to try and catch up, and will be forced to listen to the Seahawks game on the radio as TV won't work here. It's a metal roofed concrete block 2 story business park and I'm on the lower floor. Even the cell phone won't work in the back.

Andy Hoyt
10-20-2006, 11:31 AM
Malcolm Tibbetts demo - All day Saturday.

Try to duplicate his technique - All day Sunday.

Get the glue off my fingers - All day every day next week.:D

Al Willits
10-20-2006, 1:04 PM
Great weekend for me, the band saw blades from Timberwolf and the EZ Smart system have both arrived, and I have a few sheets of plywood to play with, so I'll be making a cabinet for the DeWalt planer we won, also a bit of the required garage cleaning, and I'll be adding the extension to the 14" BS.
Beasty has mentioned she has stuff to do and I'll be on my own... so no honey do's this weekend...:D :D

I might feel so guilty by Sunday I'll have to take her out for din din...:)
Have a safe and well weekend all.

Al

Chip Olson
10-20-2006, 1:43 PM
Hoping to wrap up the hanging strips and shelf holes on the cabinets, and get the drawer slides put in, so I can start building doors with that lovely pile of cherry Larry Fox sent me. Which reminds me, I need to pick up drawer slides and the maple ply for the door panels.

Nancy Laird
10-20-2006, 1:48 PM
I'm in a craft fair tomorrow and hope to sell some more of my pens, etc. Sunday we have three laser orders to complete for delivery on Monday. I don't think I'm getting a weekend :( as I have to be back at my "day job" on Monday.

Working two jobs has got to stop - I'm not getting any sleep!:(

Have a good 'un everybody.

Nancy

Tyler Howell
10-20-2006, 3:18 PM
Three day weekend off to a good start.
Already been to the dump with a load. lots of shop cleaning.
Building a mobil base for an armoires. Paint, trim,pulling wire and movie date with my daughter tomorrow. Hangin with an old buddy Sun.
Play safe

Pat Keefe
10-20-2006, 3:46 PM
Off to a toy shop for some clamps and maybe a belt sander, then in a boat for the rest of the day as safety for a surf carnival. Sunday, more surf club, annual proficiency day. I am off work next week to play in my shed!:D

Jerry Olexa
10-20-2006, 5:22 PM
My activities will be restricted..Went to MD Wednesday and I have Bronchitus w a tight dry lasting cough. Had to turn down a trip to a weekend lodge w my son and his family in N. michigan. So my wife went:) :confused: . Anyway, football, rest and lozenges. Not much shop time expected..

Bob Childress
10-20-2006, 5:23 PM
First off, welcome to the Creek, Pat! We have several OZ residents here.

Hope to get the new table for my fax machine glued up. Last weekend I just didn't make it. Also need to repair a door jamb with a dutchman where I removed an old-fashioned deadbolt lock.

Sunday last mowing of the season and then drop the deck and service for winter. :(

Bob Childress
10-20-2006, 5:25 PM
My activities will be restricted..Went to MD Wednesday and I have Bronchitus w a tight dry lasting cough.

So, you developed bronchitis after visiting Maryland? I'd stay away from there if I were you. :D :D :D

Dennis Peacock
10-20-2006, 6:49 PM
Howdy Karl,

Plan on starting the lacquer finish on the desk legs and stretchers this weekend as well as come prep work for delivering the youth ranch cabinets that I just finished. Other than that? Church on Sunday and then getting ready for going back to work on the day job next week.

Have a great weeked!!!!

Mark Pruitt
10-21-2006, 9:21 AM
Cleaning the shop and assembling a wedding anniversary gift for the LOML...:p :D :p :D