PDA

View Full Version : Video Help Needed

Jim Young
10-20-2006, 10:26 AM
I tried to put a video on Youtube and ended up having to split it into two due to the size. My file was roughly four minutes long and 180meg. Youtube only likes files max 100meg and less than ten minutes. The editor that I have came with my Sony camcorder so I don't know what it is capable of doing. Is there a way to reduce the quality of the movie like you can on pics?

Brent Dowell
10-20-2006, 10:42 AM
Not sure what software that is you are using, but I use a number of different tools for video editing. Nero, Sonic, etc...

All of these tools let you adjust the quality of the video that you export.

I'm guessing that at that size of file (180 megs for 4 minutes) you are pulling it as mpeg from the camera versus pulling as dv-avi?

Check and see if there is some adjustment you can use when you pull the video to downgrade the video quality.

I would suggest checking on Sonic or Nero. They have some very easy to use tools to edit and manipulate video (Sonic is probably a little easier).

Jim Becker
10-20-2006, 10:54 AM
Adobe Premier Elements is relatively inexpensive (especially when bundled with Adobe PhotoShop Elements) and can be very helpful to you in preparing your videos for "publication". The export is the key...choosing the file format, compression and size. Oh, both programs just were released in new versions and there is a $30 rebate on the combo package.

Jim Hinze
10-20-2006, 11:07 AM
I tried to put a video on Youtube and ended up having to split it into two due to the size. My file was roughly four minutes long and 180meg. Youtube only likes files max 100meg and less than ten minutes. The editor that I have came with my Sony camcorder so I don't know what it is capable of doing. Is there a way to reduce the quality of the movie like you can on pics?

Jim, you can import the video into Microsoft MovieMaker (available on XP), do some editing and adjust the quality for the web wich will reduce the oveall size (and add some video compression). It'll save it in WMV format which I beleive that YouTube supports. If you need help, feel free to give me a call...