PDA

View Full Version : New to the Creek

Jude Tuliszewski
10-20-2006, 1:50 AM
Oh boy, my second post.;) Like a lot of you I have been lurking around for a while before posting. I have always tinkered around, from fixing bikes in my younger days, to cars(once I was old enough to drive), helping neighbors with house fixer-uppers, on up to helicopters(CH-53E’s) when I was in the Marines. My first flirt with WW was when I was home on leave. I made 2 speaker boxes for the back of my little Honda for the 6 speakers I had(4 6x9‘s and 2 5“). Mind you, this is way back before the pre-made boombada boombada speaker boxes started coming out. I wish I had taken pictures of them as they came out much better than I thought they would, and the sound quality was fantastic. I was on to something and didn’t even know it. Well lets skip ahead a bit. I really fell into the abyss after buying a house. It started as the average home repair/fixer-upper stuff, OK not so average as one of the first things we(me and the LOML) did was the roof, but that’s a hole nother story. Watching the WW shows on the tube and thinking “that’s easy enough, I can do that”. I have not as yet done much, if you will, proper WW. A few small thing for the house, and some stuff for the shop. I am currently finishing an ambitious project for a neighbor. Cabinets for storage, 16+’ W x 86” H x 23 7/8” D. Nothing fancy but, a big job for a relative beginner. Nothing like jumping into the fire with both feet.:eek: I will give more details and pics in another post. I have accumulated a lot of tools and stuff. I have always been a tool junkie.:cool: Some of the goodies:
- 2 jet 10” cabinet saws(only using one because of lack of space)
- jet CS 6” jointer
- delta DC-380 planer
- delta 14-651 mortiser
- rikon 10-345 18” band saw
- 36 bessey k-bodies
- half dozen cordless drills
- a few routers
- 100% duty cycle 60 gal compressor
There is also other usual things, sanders, nailers, more clamps(you know the saying), and lots n lots of hand tools(mostly mechanic type). Here are a couple of pics. More to follow….

Keith Outten
10-20-2006, 5:03 AM
Welcome Jude,

The Roll-A-Round is very nice and full of tools is most likely the largest investment in your shop. I would hate to have to replace mine which is so heavy now that the wheels will beraly roll so I have plans to build a welded steel dolly to replace them.

Bob Reda
10-20-2006, 6:05 AM
Welcome Jude,

I see that you are well on your way to become a tool junkie! Thats ok, cause if they didn't want us to buy them they wouldn't have made them!!

Bob

Bob Childress
10-20-2006, 6:34 AM
Jude, welcome to the Creek! You will like it here. Great place to get (and give) advice.

Jay Knoll
10-20-2006, 6:38 AM
Welcome to the Creek! Nice stealth gloat -- two cabinet saws :) !

You'll find a lot of good information and fun people here in the Creek.

We all look forward to more pics

Jay

Ron Blaise
10-20-2006, 6:46 AM
Even old "Jarheads" can do wood working :D Glad to have you with us.

lou sansone
10-20-2006, 6:48 AM
welcome to the creek. necessity is the mother of wood working, as I am sure you can attest with your fix -er- upper .

lou

John Bailey
10-20-2006, 7:05 AM
Jude,

Welcome to the Creek!! You'll find it the most helpful and friendly place on the net.

John

Jim Becker
10-20-2006, 10:29 AM
Welcome, Jude!

Dan Oliphant
10-20-2006, 10:56 AM
Welcome to the creek Jude, seems like a far amount of Floridians here too.

Lars Thomas
10-20-2006, 11:30 AM
Welcome, enjoy your stay.

Jim O'Dell
10-20-2006, 1:20 PM
Hey, Jude! (Sorry, no one else had done it...I just couldn't resist:D ) Welcome to the Creek. Ya got some nice equipment there. Will, wait for pictures, but not long! :p Glad your here with us. Jim.

Jude Tuliszewski
10-20-2006, 3:06 PM
Hey, Jude! (Sorry, no one else had done it...I just couldn't resist:D ) Welcome to the Creek. Ya got some nice equipment there. Will, wait for pictures, but not long! :p Glad your here with us. Jim.

No apology necessary Jim, I use that myself. Thanks to all for the warm welcome.:) Yes there is alot to be learned here. Not to get off topic, but I hope Marty pops back up.:( Like most, I have been drooling/watching the shop built up, enough said. I look forward to learning lot and hopefully helping out a long the way.

Dennis Peacock
10-20-2006, 6:58 PM
Welcome to SMC Jude. Great place with a LOT of great folks.