PDA

View Full Version : Not at all like my shop office....

Gary Sutherland
10-19-2006, 6:12 PM
I like to check out Tom Plamann's site once in awhile, because he seems to get a lot of "exotic" commissions; things that are a little different than what most of us build.

Anyway, I noticed that he has pictures of the office and desk he built for his shop. Pretty cool.

Alex Shanku
10-19-2006, 6:43 PM
Wow, i just spent 30min. looking at his site. Amazing and inspiring work, to be sure!!

Tyler Howell
10-19-2006, 7:57 PM
I visit often when I need some inspiration:cool:

Jim Becker
10-19-2006, 8:14 PM
Ok...I guess he takes the CEO thing seriously! And can you imagine being a customer being shown in to see "Mr Big" in-situ?? There would be little divots from jaws dropping on the floor... LOL!

Seriously, that's some awesome work. Incredible. I cannot even imagine the work that went into those details on the curved surfaces of the ceilings...

Gary Sutherland
10-19-2006, 8:32 PM
Also enjoyed his "Garage Storage" and the modifications he and his father made to a Vega lathe.

Bart Leetch
10-19-2006, 9:29 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :o I went & looked at his web site toooo sure glad I'm not a wood worker compared to him I'm just doodling around. Man after looking at his site I even had to struggle to type this my fingers went every which way but where I though I was putting them.:eek:

Phil Winn
10-19-2006, 9:51 PM
Who is--Tom Plamann ? Could someone post the website address here?
Phil

Alex Shanku
10-19-2006, 10:11 PM
plamann.com

Ed Nelson978
10-19-2006, 11:03 PM
WOW...and that's an understatement!This guy is incredible! Where is he located?

Phil, do a google on his name.

Norman Hitt
10-20-2006, 1:44 AM
One thing for sure, when a customer sits down in front of that desk to talk about a commission, he's already been prepared for the fact that he's going to "Spend some ?Serious Bucks".;)

I do think though that with the very elaborate room and furnishings, that he would have found a way to hide that lamp cord that just drapes across the front of the desk.:rolleyes: :D I would hate to have a shop office like that though, because I'd be scared to death that some customer/'scuse me, CLIENT, would want me to do something like that again.:eek: :D Beautiful work though, and I love the desk.

Steven Shelby
10-20-2006, 9:24 AM
Wholey Shmokes! Who is this guy???? I think I wanna be Tom Plamann when I grow up!:rolleyes:

Blaine Harrison
10-20-2006, 10:48 AM
So where's this guy located? I'd love to see his shop in person.

Blaine

Damien Falgoust
10-20-2006, 10:51 AM
How did he do this? (http://www.plamann.com/sys-tmpl/thingsidointheshopii/view.nhtml?profile=thingsidointheshopii&UID=10020)

Chuck Hanger
10-20-2006, 11:21 AM
I am sure that he did not do it the way that I did on some small sleigh runners, but I used steam and hot water.
Chuck

Damien Falgoust
10-20-2006, 11:46 AM
Well, let me clarify: how did he manage to make the wood ends loop back and through each other? I've seen steam bending before, but that knot is quite a trick.

Laurie Brown
10-22-2006, 10:28 AM
Too bad his site seems to be down now, I never got a chance to see it. :(

Dennis Robertson
08-23-2009, 11:25 AM
Laurie,

You can still see Tom Plamann's website. There is a tool for the web called the waybackmachine on www.archive.org (http://www.archive.org). They have archived copies of millions of websites. Just go there, type in www.plamann.com (http://www.plamann.com) and click on one of the many backups they have. You should select one from about the mid 2003 era to see his earlier format website (the one I like best).

Good Luck,
Dennis

John Lucas
08-23-2009, 6:39 PM
But ask yourself this: how much work does he do with white melamine particle core board?