PDA

View Full Version : New shop pics

Doug Sinjem
10-18-2006, 11:44 PM
New to the forum and have been working on setting up my shop and dust collection. I had been following Marty Walsh's progress but I see he has stopped posting. He got me very motivated on my shop and I'd like to post a few pictures. Seems I can't post pics. Can anybody help?

Regards Doug

Karl Laustrup
10-19-2006, 6:55 AM
Welcome Doug. Glad your trying to do some pictures.

There is a tutorial on posting pix at the top of the page in the support forum.

Karl

Jim O'Dell
10-19-2006, 8:09 AM
Welcome, Doug!! If you don't have software already that does picture resizing to hit the limit we have here, let me know. I found a really easy one called Irfan view that is free, and works great. Jim.

Doug Sinjem
10-19-2006, 8:13 AM
Yea I tried to do it but it won't let me upload the pictures. Your saying that I have to resize them?

Russ Massery
10-19-2006, 9:00 AM
Yes, you need to resize them. Download a program called Pixresizer.

Doug Sinjem
10-19-2006, 9:00 AM
Would any one be willing to post the pics for me? I don't know how to resize them.

Doug Sinjem
10-19-2006, 9:05 AM
I tried to resize one pic, not sure how it will come out.

Ken Salisbury
10-19-2006, 9:05 AM
Would any one be willing to post the pics for me? I don't know how to resize them.

E-mail them to me and I will add them to your post. kenatoldrebelworkshop.com.

"Your Friendly Moderator"

Doug Sinjem
10-19-2006, 9:39 AM
Here's one

Rob Russell
10-19-2006, 10:12 AM
Tweeeeet! No fair posting pics like that when we can have a mouth full of coffee. When your jaw drops you dribble all over the keyboard.

Nice equipment. You're obviously a professional, or just like to have the absolute best in equipment.

For those who don't know it, Martin is the Mercedes Benz of woodworking equipment, and the Mercedes S-class at that.

Matt Meiser
10-19-2006, 10:14 AM
Well I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with an HMI (Human Machin Interface) screen in my shop. Mine just controls my dust collection and heating/cooling. Not my tablesaw!

Tyler Howell
10-19-2006, 10:22 AM
I'll say you have been working on your shop. Very nice.
Welcome to the creek and when will you put me in your will:D :D

Jerry Ingraham
10-19-2006, 10:52 AM
WOW! Nice shop! Glad to have you aboard and look forward to your input.

glenn bradley
10-19-2006, 11:00 AM
That is one sweet machine. Nice clean floor too ;-)

Philip Glover
10-19-2006, 11:15 AM
Very nice shop and a great choice in machines.
Is that a T60 Classic?
Do you have 3 phase from the pole or a digital phase converter; as I understand it, the new Martin saws don't like RPC's.

Cheers,
Phil

Doug Sinjem
10-19-2006, 11:19 AM
Okay I'm having a hard time getting these pictures to post but here's two more.

Doug

Alex Shanku
10-19-2006, 11:22 AM
Great shop!!

Who's the girl?

Doug Sinjem
10-19-2006, 11:22 AM
Very nice shop and a great choice in machines.
Is that a T60 Classic?
Do you have 3 phase from the pole or a digital phase converter; as I understand it, the new Martin saws don't like RPC's.

Cheers,
Phil

Yes Phil that is the T 60 Classic and I am running three phase. It was a big deal to get the three phase. I have two buildings on the property and had to tie into the three phase panel from my office. But all my machines are three phase.

Doug

Doug Sinjem
10-19-2006, 11:23 AM
Great shop!!

Who's the girl?

Thanks and she's loml

Doug Sinjem
10-19-2006, 11:30 AM
More pictures

Tyler Howell
10-19-2006, 11:33 AM
Your doing great with the pictures Doug. I'd like to see more of Your shop assistant too please:rolleyes: :D

Doug Sinjem
10-19-2006, 11:33 AM
Trying to post more than one but not working

Doug Sinjem
10-19-2006, 11:37 AM
Okay I think I got it figured out. Three more

Doug

Rennie Heuer
10-19-2006, 11:48 AM
Unbelieveable.

You realize, of course, that if the first project you post is a pine coat rack a number of use will come over to your shop and "relocate" your tools to places where they would be better used (our shops):)

Really nice set up.

Doug Sinjem
10-19-2006, 12:12 PM
Unbelieveable.

You realize, of course, that if the first project you post is a pine coat rack a number of use will come over to your shop and "relocate" your tools to places where they would be better used (our shops):)

Really nice set up.

Good one Rennie, I don't think it will be a coat rack. LOL. It's been a job in itself just setting everything up. I'm finishing up the dust collection and moving on to air lines.

Doug

Geoff Barry
10-19-2006, 12:16 PM
I'm curious about your shop building - was it purpose-built for your shop? It seems very long and very high, but rather narrow - how does it work for work flow? I'm assuming from the equipment that you are a professional -- what sort of work do you do? (either that or someone with a serious jones for high-end european machines . . . :p )

Doug Sinjem
10-19-2006, 12:23 PM
I'm curious about your shop building - was it purpose-built for your shop? It seems very long and very high, but rather narrow - how does it work for work flow? I'm assuming from the equipment that you are a professional -- what sort of work do you do? (either that or someone with a serious jones for high-end european machines . . . :p )

No it was not purpose built. But I did add on to it. It's about 23x80.

I did have a hell of a time trying to make everything flow. I did a paper doll layout and still ended up moving some equipment around. The ceiling is about 12 feet in most areas which was great for the DC.

As far as the type of work I do mostly cabinets, euro and face frame. Plus some millwork.

Dave Fifield
10-19-2006, 12:32 PM
Wow, what a great workshop Doug! Tons of space and some nice machines!! I like the way you incorporated the Martin color matched stripe around the walls :D. Looking forward to seeing some piccies of your work.

Dave F.

Ron Blaise
10-19-2006, 12:33 PM
Where be the sawdust boy? :D Way too clean! Hobby or pro?

Doug Sinjem
10-19-2006, 12:56 PM
Where be the sawdust boy? :D Way too clean! Hobby or pro?

That's what the dc is for...LOL

Pro

Aaron Montgomery
10-19-2006, 1:26 PM
Great shop - first class all the way! Most people are satisfied with a shop dog, but you've got a shop fox! :D You need to post some pictures of your work now. Thanks for sharing!

Doug Sinjem
10-19-2006, 1:30 PM
Great shop - first class all the way! Most people are satisfied with a shop dog, but you've got a shop fox! :D You need to post some pictures of your work now. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the kind words. Once I'm up and running I'll be posting some pics of work.

lou sansone
10-19-2006, 1:32 PM
very nice shop.. how about a little more information about your type of work and some of the particuars on the martin slider

thanks lou

Mike Spanbauer
10-19-2006, 1:39 PM
Woah... what a shop. I think that the assistant would cause distractions though... lol.

Very nice layout. Machines are handled nicely, how about finishing? Do you sub out or do it yourself. Pics there?

Awesome so far.

mike

Alex Shanku
10-19-2006, 1:44 PM
What type of shop did you move OUT of, prior to building this one?

Doug Sinjem
10-19-2006, 1:44 PM
very nice shop.. how about a little more information about your type of work and some of the particuars on the martin slider

thanks lou

The Martin slider is the T60 Classic with the 3.3 meter slide. It's considered their compact class. No concrete in the base, some aluminum extensions. Very good solid saw. Still trying to figure out the touch screen.

I do mostly kitchen cabinet, vanity etc. The process as follows:

Slider for panel processing
Brandt edge bander for edge banding
Ritter line boring(not shown)
Castle machine for pocket boring to assemble boxes
jointer, planer for processing solid wood
Northfield saw for hardwood ripping
Butfering wide belt for sanding panel (doors)
Martin T20 shaper (on order) for stick, cope, raised panel

Doug

Doug Sinjem
10-19-2006, 1:45 PM
Woah... what a shop. I think that the assistant would cause distractions though... lol.

Very nice layout. Machines are handled nicely, how about finishing? Do you sub out or do it yourself. Pics there?

Awesome so far.

mike

Thanks Mike, I sub the finishing.

lou sansone
10-19-2006, 3:39 PM
thanks doug for the info.

the t60 looks pretty nice.. does it have the "tilt both ways feature " ? Prior to this saw, what types of sliders had you been running?

best wishes and great shop.
lou

Doug Sinjem
10-19-2006, 4:07 PM
thanks doug for the info.

the t60 looks pretty nice.. does it have the "tilt both ways feature " ? Prior to this saw, what types of sliders had you been running?

best wishes and great shop.
lou

No this is my first slider. Only tilts one way, I think it's the T60 precision that tilts both ways.

Ed Kowaski
10-19-2006, 7:56 PM
Hi Doug, nice gear, nice shop!

How many people work in it?
Is it located in a industrial park or acerage type setting?

Good luck with your (ad)venture. ;)

Jim Becker
10-19-2006, 8:23 PM
"Drool"........now I have to change my shirt and buy a new keyboard....:eek:

Seriously, thanks for sharing that most excellent shop! You're "loaded for bear" and I'm looking forward to seeing your many projects posted, too! ;)

Doug Sinjem
10-19-2006, 8:52 PM
Hi Doug, nice gear, nice shop!

How many people work in it?
Is it located in a industrial park or acerage type setting?

Good luck with your (ad)venture. ;)

It's just going to be me and my helper.;) It's on a one acre lot along with my concrete finishing business.