PDA

View Full Version : TS Accessory Hideaway

glenn bradley
10-18-2006, 9:02 PM
I am running cast iron extensions all the way out to the right on my TS as opposed to a wood framed extension. The Bies rails are probably strong enough to hold the extra weight but I thought I'd give it a little more support with some legs.

That requirement combined with a drive to sort out some of my less desirable scrap wood that is taking up too much room resulted in the combination support leg/accessory cabinet pictured.

Some old redwood left over from a water bed frame, some extra long full extension slides I didn't know what to do with, some crummy plywood and a little paint and shellac. I now have a sliding storage panel to hang my miter gauge, etc. on.

I'll get some decent hooks for the pegboard and load 'er up. Thanks for looking.

Jim Becker
10-18-2006, 9:10 PM
That's a really neat idea, Glenn, using the sliding system that way!

glenn bradley
10-18-2006, 9:16 PM
Thanks Jim. It was just luck that the leg cabinet (?) could be adequately deep left to right and still allow my motor cover to open and not extend past the fence rails. I forgot to mention that this will also be the mounting pedestal for my overarm blade guard/DC.

Sam Chambers
10-19-2006, 9:41 AM
That's a cool idea, Glenn. I'm in the middle of installing my Biesemeyer fence, and have been thinking about some kind of storage.

Al Killian
10-19-2006, 5:11 PM
Great use of space.I am in the middle of trying to get my mess cleaned up.

Roger Barga
10-20-2006, 3:42 AM
I recently assembled my saw and keep tripping over the accessories (mitre gauge #1, mitre gauge #2, crosscut sled, etc) and this would be perfect.

thanks for posting this,
roger

scott spencer
10-20-2006, 5:08 AM
Very clever Glenn!