PDA

View Full Version : Need to sing some public praises here...

Chip Olson
10-18-2006, 2:15 PM
So, what with the occasional bits of ugliness floating around here, I feel compelled to call out a fellow Creeker for singular class and generosity.

Some of you may recall my post from a few weeks back where I talked about having picked up a bunch of cheap offcut cherry for my cabinet door frames, that turned out to not match the face frames at all (and didn't match itself all that well either). Larry Fox suggested I save it for another project and get some that actually matched.

He followed that up with a PM to the effect that he had scored a pickup-truck-load each of cherry and maple dirt cheap from someone who had gotten it from a molding shop, all short and narrow pieces: perfect for cabinet doors and face frames, which is what he was using it for. He had plenty left over and would I like some for the cost of shipping?

End result is that two huge boxes showed up on my porch yesterday, with ~26bf of gorgeous cherry, milled, ripped to width, cut to rough length and very well packaged.

I knew there was a reason I signed up here. (Quite a few, in fact.)

larry merlau
10-18-2006, 2:48 PM
well chip glad you got what you needed. actually you brought up a good point as well. maybe some of the creekers could relate to there good fortunes from the creek rather than the bad that is trying to overide the goodness!

Roy Wall
10-18-2006, 3:00 PM
Chip -

Good story!!! Congrats......

As for you Mr. Fox..................well, just way cool!!!!!:cool:

lou sansone
10-18-2006, 3:12 PM
just goes to show that the majority of the creekers are a great bunch of ww's
lou

Aaron Koehl
10-18-2006, 3:17 PM
Nice score!!

Jim Becker
10-18-2006, 3:56 PM
Larry's actions are a fine example of community. Thanks for calling it out!

Lincoln Myers
10-18-2006, 5:37 PM
Very nice of you Larry!

I REALLY like nice people.

I REALLY don't like 'not-nice' people.

Thanks for pointing out a nice one Chip.

I always make an effort to point out someone's nice-ness to their manager/boss/significant other/friend etc. because at times it seems that the world has far more 'not-nice' people than nice ones and I think the nice ones should be appreciated and called out.

-Linc

Corey Hallagan
10-18-2006, 5:51 PM
Good post Chip and congrats. Darn nice thing to do Larry!

Corey

John Olson
10-18-2006, 6:21 PM
Great story Chip , but I like your name even better.