PDA

View Full Version : New Rikon has landed!

Jerry Ingraham
10-18-2006, 1:46 PM
I stepped up last week and ordered the Rikon based largely upon first hand reviews from many of you. It arrived yesterday (quick!). I unpacked it and put it together and am very impressed. As Bernie had stated, not a single tool needed to change speeds! My existing Oneway chuck fits and I'm good to go. My kids all asked "Is this our lathe?"! No, it's not, but you will spend plenty of time using it! Here is photographic proof for the police!

Scott Donley
10-18-2006, 1:53 PM
Very cool :D I like your lathe bench also, I have one kinda like it but I use mine to hold sandpaper and other odds and ends for the lathe :o

Bernie Weishapl
10-18-2006, 2:20 PM
Congrats on the lathe Jerry. Kinda cool if the belt breaks that you don't have to overhaul it to put on a new one or change it out. My points on the headstock and tailstock were dead on.

CORY FETZER
10-18-2006, 7:03 PM
welcome to the green and white rikon owners group

enjoy

you should have bought two as i am having trouble getting any lathe time frommy son thank goodness for school

Bruce Shiverdecker
10-18-2006, 10:21 PM
Welcome to "Green& White". Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.

Bruce

Joe Fisher
10-18-2006, 11:19 PM
I got to turn on one of these recently. It's a nice tool :) The spindle lock is super-convenient. Have fun!

-Joe

Richard Jones
10-19-2006, 7:10 AM
I know you'll enjoy the Rikon. Do yourself a favor and get a set of long, ball end metric Allen wrenches(IIRC, it's a 4mm), remove the spindle lock from the top of the headstock, and reach in there and tighten up the set screw holding the spindle lock gear onto the shaft. If you can get some Loc-Tite on it, so much the better.........

That is THE only complaint I have about mine, and Rikon has been swift and sure with help for any questions that I've had. Not sure if other owners have had this problem, but easier to fix it now than later.

Enjoy, and enjoy those kids.

Rich in VA