PDA

View Full Version : Tis the Season

Raymond Overman
10-18-2006, 12:56 AM
Tis the Season to start making Christmas ornaments. Here's one I finished tonight. Spanish cedar and blackwood. The stand is walnut and painted metal.

I get to do my first demo in front of a crowd Thursday night for my local club and thought I might need to hone my skills a little this evening. I may be a little above my pay grade on this one but I think it's going to be some good experience anyway. At least my buddies and I can have a few good laughs at my expense.

Barry Stratton
10-18-2006, 1:20 AM
Neat ornament. And you'll do great. If you and your buddies want a laugh, come watch me turn:rolleyes:

George Conklin
10-18-2006, 11:52 AM
Neat ornament. And you'll do great. If you and your buddies want a laugh, come watch me turn:rolleyes:
LOL,
I was thinking the same thing:D . Uhhh, not about you, Barry. About me;) .

Pete Jordan
10-18-2006, 11:56 AM
If they really want a laugh, my turning is funnier than the tootin scene in Blazing Saddles

Bernie Weishapl
10-18-2006, 2:25 PM
ROFLOL Pete that is a good one.

Shoot Raymond that thing is pretty awesome. I want to give them a try. I have watched 3 video's on how to make them and all three are different in how they do it. Raymond that is a nice ornament. Great job.

Jim Ketron
10-18-2006, 3:24 PM
Nice Job Raymond!
I given some thought of doing some for the show coming up this weekend but I have almost ran out of time:mad:
What size/style chisels did you use to hollow it out?
I hope to make a few for gifts this year.

David Briski
10-18-2006, 4:27 PM
Looks great.
Would you be able to point some of us new guys a good place to learn how to make those ornaments?

Keith Burns
10-18-2006, 6:00 PM
Good luck on the demo Raymond, I'm sure you will do fine. I did my first demo for my club a couple of months ago. I demo'ed open segmented. 40 members showed up. I was scared to death until one member told me to relax and remember that none of them knew how to do it so I was the "expert" (laugh out loud). Have fun and let us know how it went.:) :)

Corey Hallagan
10-18-2006, 6:05 PM
Very nice Raymond. Beautiful ornament.

Corey

Ken Fitzgerald
10-18-2006, 9:02 PM
Beautiful ornament Raymond! Your work is always inspiring.

Travis Stinson
10-18-2006, 9:17 PM
I don't see anything to laugh at Raymond. That's a VERY nice ornament!
Good luck with the demo, you'll do fine. :cool:

Curt Fuller
10-18-2006, 9:51 PM
Great looking ornament and I like the stand too. Good luck on the demo.

Raymond Overman
10-18-2006, 10:57 PM
Thanks for all the comments and compliments everyone. I'll see what I can put together for a tutorial for everyone.