PDA

View Full Version : Magazine Article on Scroll Saw Comparison

Gilbert Vega
10-17-2006, 11:45 PM
Within the last few months, there was an article in some magazine comparing various top-of-the-line scroll saws. Does anyone remember which magazine and issue? thanks

Todd Yates
10-18-2006, 11:44 AM
The mag that you looking for is Woodworker's Journal " June 2006". Let you make your on decision, but my money WILL go to Excalibur. Just because I own 3, another name brand, and have used a couple of the ones that they reviewed.

Todd
I have no affiliation with any of these companies

Gilbert Vega
10-19-2006, 12:47 AM
Thanks
That's the magazine I was looking for. I recently bought a almost new 26" Hawk for $450 and was trying to get more info on it.

James Boster
10-19-2006, 11:04 AM
My son (14 years old) also just purchased a used Hawk 26". I should gloat for him at $125. On the top blade holder I have a question. Is the blades just held in between the screw? When you tighten up on smaller blades it seem to twist and distort them. Not sure if maybe something is missing or is that by design? Thanks.

Gilbert Vega
10-20-2006, 12:26 AM
My son (14 years old) also just purchased a used Hawk 26". I should gloat for him at $125. On the top blade holder I have a question. Is the blades just held in between the screw? When you tighten up on smaller blades it seem to twist and distort them. Not sure if maybe something is missing or is that by design? Thanks.

Excellent price! I also would like to know the answer to that. As far as I can tell, it appears to just be held by the screw.