PDA

View Full Version : Rikon 10-325 BS - any experience?

Jeff Cord
10-17-2006, 11:13 PM
Anybody work with this yet?
It's real new but they are now available.
Jeff

Dan Jurta
10-18-2006, 3:06 PM
There's a review 6 bandsaws including that machine in the Nov 06 issue of Popular Woodworking. FWIW, they gave it the editor's choice.

Dan

Jeff Cord
10-18-2006, 4:26 PM
I'm looking to see if anyone has real experience with this beyond what the review says.

Bruce Page
10-18-2006, 7:18 PM
Jeff, probably not much help here either, but I bought the little 10” Rikon as a supplemental bandsaw and I was very impressed with it’s performance and fit & finish.

Andy Haney
10-18-2006, 10:22 PM
You could visit one at a Woodcraft store, I think. My local store says they have one in stock, and anticipate more. Haven't been there to see it yet.

Andy

Terry Flowers
10-19-2006, 3:49 AM
Since I saw the article, I have been considering the same machine. I have to wonder, though, if the Grizzly 17" might be a better choice for not too much more money. For a 14", the Craftsman, even with fewer features, is tempting at such a much lower price. It is also available at deeper discounts from time to time.

Terry

Chuck Wood
11-09-2006, 6:20 PM
Anybody work with this yet?
It's real new but they are now available.
Jeff

Jeff

I don't know if your still looking for info on the Rikon 10-325, but I purchased one a couple of weeks ago! So far....I love it! Haven't done a lot of cutting on it as of yet, but I like what I see so far. Well built, with a lot of thought into it. Ball bearing guides, tension relief bar, light, useable storage. Smooth....It passed the nickel test!
Let me know if I can answer any of your questions! :)

Dan Jurta
11-12-2006, 8:09 AM
Chuck,

Thanks for the info! I'm still looking very closely at that machine and am curious as to how well it cuts. It looks like a bargain that's too good to be true. Please keep us posted, thanks again.

Dan Jurta

Chuck Wood
11-13-2006, 1:05 AM
Dan,

So far It is cutting just fine. Haven't had a problem. The VP of Rikon that sold me the two machines said that he would replace the blade that comes with it! Said that it wasn't a quality piece! Maybe a Timber wolf would be a good choice.
I'm probably going to run a 220 line to it. Just for less amps draw.:)

Play safe!;)

Rob Leslie
05-28-2007, 6:58 PM
Dan,

So far It is cutting just fine. Haven't had a problem. The VP of Rikon that sold me the two machines said that he would replace the blade that comes with it! Said that it wasn't a quality piece! Maybe a Timber wolf would be a good choice.
I'm probably going to run a 220 line to it. Just for less amps draw.:)

Play safe!;)

Chuck,

Do you know what the original blade that came on the Rikon is? Did you "upgrade" with a Timberwolf blade? If so, what did you get and has it made a difference? I'm in the process of setting up a new Rikon 10-325, so I'm very interested in your experiences.

Also, did you convert to 220? If so, can you tell a difference in power and what happens to the attached light? Do you have to rewire it as well?

Thanks,

Rob

daniel lane
05-28-2007, 7:23 PM
Thanks for the info! I'm still looking very closely at that machine and am curious as to how well it cuts. It looks like a bargain that's too good to be true. Please keep us posted, thanks again.

Dan,

I bought one recently and am in the process of setting it up. I can't tell you how it cuts (yet), but the sales rep that sold it to me said that they've sold several and heard nothing but good things from them. I bought it in large part because of the 13.5" resaw capacity, which was much better than anything else in the price range.

You could visit one at a Woodcraft store, I think.

Yep, that's where I bought mine, and they have one on the floor pretty much every time I visit. It was in no small part the opportunity to 'kick the tires' so to speak, that sold me on the saw.

Also, did you convert to 220? If so, can you tell a difference in power and what happens to the attached light? Do you have to rewire it as well?

Rob, AFAIK the light is on a different cord. The wiring instructions show how to switch the connections at the motor to run it 220V, and right next to THAT picture is another showing the 110V light wiring.

daniel