PDA

View Full Version : AccuSquare TS Fence Questions

Howard Rosenberg
10-20-2003, 11:25 PM
I'm thinking of replacing the standard not-bad-not-great fence that came with my TS.

Saw the AccuSquare fence being demonstrated at a WW show not long ago. It seems pretty impressive - turn the knob and it's set. Also, the price seems pretty attractive.

Does anybody have any experience with this fence?

As always, all opinions and thoughts are welcome.

Thank you. Howard

Harvey Brooks, Victoria, BC
10-21-2003, 1:08 AM
I have two of them, one on a vintage Unisaw and another on my bandsaw.
The setup is straight forward and quick and the fence has never needed to be adjusted in the three years that I have had it.
You may not like the fact that it needs to be slid off the end of the rail to remove it from the saw, but that has never been a problem for me.
I'm very happy with mine and have no problem in recommending it to anyone.
My two cents
Harvey

Craig Honeysett
10-21-2003, 6:42 AM
I also have had one for about two years and it is still dead on. An added bonus is the way extra fences or board buddies, etc. can be easily attached to the t slots.

Steve Clardy
10-21-2003, 10:57 AM
Mines been installed on my grizzly 1023 cabinet saw for about 3 months now. Really like it. Also like the accessory router fence that comes as an accessory, though I haven't used it as I do not have the router plate hole cut yet for the router. Steve

Scott Coffelt
10-21-2003, 11:25 AM
I had it and didn't like it on my contractors saw. If I had the choice again I would have went with the Vega. I now have a Beis clone on my cabinet saw.

Two things I didn't like: had to slide the fence off the end (problem in my shop); the rear end flexed a little on the one I had, no matter how I adjusted it.

What I did like: the slots in the fence could be used to add all kinds of things like sacrificial fences, jigs, hold downs, etc.

Just a different opinion than the others.