PDA

View Full Version : DeWalt Precision Trim blades for miter saw - Update

Tim Burke
10-16-2006, 6:50 PM
Any experience with DeWalt's Precision Trim miter saw blades?

http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/accessory_category_detail.asp?categoryID=4019

I'm in quick need of a replacement blade for my 12" DeWalt miter saw. Lowes has the 80t blade for $60 minus $15 rebate. This is not the same construction series blade that comes with the saw. Full kerf, coated plate, visibly much more carbide than the construction series.

Use will be for woodworking and finish carpentry. I'm going to get a cheaper blade for construction framing.

Thanks, Tim

Jeff Horton
10-16-2006, 7:41 PM
Just installed one on a DeWalt RAS. I am not much help because I have only made a very few cuts with it. But what I have seen so far is glass smooth cuts, very impressed with the quality of cuts. But, keep in mind, I have only made a very few cuts with it.

scott spencer
10-16-2006, 8:46 PM
It looks like the "Precision Trim" series is a more colorful spinoff of their very good Series 40. I had the DW3218 10" 80T here for a few weeks and was pretty impressed with the quality and value. For $45, an 80T 12" blade of that caliber seems like a good value to me. All of the Series 40 and Series 60 blades I've used have been very good.

To do just a little better you'll need to spend double that for a Freud LU85R012 or a Forrest Chopmaster.

Tim Burke
10-17-2006, 7:09 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I actually already purchased it, just haven't opened it yet. The blade looks as stout as the Freud on my TS.

I'm really not even looking for a bargain. I'm willing to pay the price for a nice blade, but need one soon. My original blade got trashed on the composite flooring I installed (wasn't an impressive blade anyway). I have a bunch of base and casing trim to install now. The local stores around here only have DeWalt and some of the lower price brands. The only Frued is the thin kerf Diablo.

Tim

Tim Burke
10-21-2006, 10:35 AM
I took my new DeWalt DW3232 for a spin. Of course since it's new I expect it to cut well, but I can say that I have never had a miter saw blade this nice. It has a -5 deg angle and large full kerf carbide. It cuts absolutely smooth and effortlessly. With the negative hook angle and sharp cut, you can barely tell when the blade goes into the wood. It doesn't grab like my old blade, and no tear out. Time will tell how well it holds up like this.

I've never bothered to get anything other than an average blade for my miter saws over the years, mainly since they were used for construction projects.

Thanks for all feedback! Now, back to my kitchen/bath remodel...

Tim