PDA

View Full Version : New toyl.

Matt Meiser
10-16-2006, 10:44 AM
I spent some of the money from selling off equipment on a new toyl to expand my capabilities.

http://www.hobartwelders.com/products/images/handler180.jpg

Its probably been 5 years since I last handled a MIG welder, but I'm hoping to get back my mediocre welding skills and expand them quickly. I've got a couple projects thought up, mostly for my tractor and implements. I also picked up one of those auto darkening helmets on sale at Harbor Freight. Haven't gotten the welder out of the box, but I tried out the helmet by flashing the digital camera's flash in my eyes over and over (and then deleted the photos so don't even ask.)

Dennis Peacock
10-16-2006, 10:52 AM
Congrats on the new Welder!!!! I'm jealous!!!!!!!!!!

Camera flash in the eyes with the new helment eh? I'd love to have seen a pic of that!!!!!! :p :D

Perry Holbrook
10-16-2006, 12:13 PM
Matt, I bought a Hobart mig about this time last year. Been very happy with it, I'm sure you will too. Be careful, the metal working bug can bite as hard as the woodworking bug. Since the mig I've added a blacksmith forge, ring roller,and universal bender to go with a shear/brake, band saw, power hammer and A/O torch that I already had and I'm shopping for a plasma cutting now.

Perry