PDA

View Full Version : Miter saw blade

Neil Bosdet
10-15-2006, 11:58 AM
It's time for a new 10" miter saw blade for my Makita scms. The Makita blade has been excellent but I thought it would be best to review options before buying another. Have any of you seen a good review of scms blades? If so, do you have a link for the review? I have Fine Woodworking mags and I don't think they've reviewed them in the past few years. Any opinions on the Forrest Chopmaster?

Thanks,

Neil

Russ Massery
10-15-2006, 12:57 PM
Very happy with the chopmaster. Probably the best blade I've had on My SCMS.

Dave Falkenstein
10-15-2006, 1:25 PM
I have used several brands of miter saw blades. After I switched to Forrest's Chopmaster I felt I had found the best.

Mark Rios
10-15-2006, 2:12 PM
I hadn't had very good results with my WWII on my TS but I figures it was because of me and my saw. So I bought a chopmaster for my 10" DW cms and find that it's very nice. However, I find that it's a little grabby if I'm not careful and think about making a good cut.

scott spencer
10-15-2006, 2:12 PM
Depending on what you want to spend, the Freud LU85 or LU91, DeWalt DW7647, or Forrest Chopmaster, should all be excellent.

Per Swenson
10-15-2006, 2:59 PM
Neil,

New out of the box I was darned impressed with my 12 inch Makita factory blade.

So.... Get a chopmaster, as soon as it arrives send your makita to
Forrest for sharpening.

Then you really can't go wrong.

Per

glenn bradley
10-15-2006, 3:19 PM
Look for a negative hook to avoid that grabbing sensation. The Chopmaster may be a neg hook, I don't recall.

Jim Becker
10-15-2006, 9:25 PM
ChopMaster for me...once I put it on my CMS, I actually threw out the old one the difference was so noticeable.

jonathan snyder
10-16-2006, 12:36 AM
I just got the Freud 80 tooth Ultimate cutoff. It gives glass smooth cuts on my CMS. Best blade I have ever owned, but thats not saying much, as the other blades I've had were real cheap ones!

Jonathan