PDA

View Full Version : Jet supersaw handle problem

Bob Huddleston
10-15-2006, 11:14 AM
I have a Jet Supersaw. Overall, I have been very happy with it. But this week, the darn handle on the (cheap ass) rip fence broke when I was snugging it down (it tends to slide). Any suggestions on either:

getting a repair handle, or
a new fence? LOML may not go for a top end one, but a reasonable priced one would be OK.
Thanks. Always enjoy the diverse opinions and wisdom (?) from the assorted ruffians who roam these forums.

Be well all.

glenn bradley
10-15-2006, 11:45 AM
On a saw of that quality (other than the fence which has taken some abuse in various reviews) I would go for a Bies. I know the retail cost is scary but, you can find private party sales. Another option might be the home shop version of a Biesemeyer. There are folks who actually prefer them due to the reduced weight (I would be one of these but . . too late). They are said to perform equally to the Pro version for home shops. I have seen posts where a home shop fence owner wants to go heavier and is selling his/hers and vice versa. Good luck.

P.s. A lower cost option would be an aluminum fence. I used an Align-aRip for a couple years and was quite happy. The downside is, once aluminum is bent, it's junk.

Greg Berry
10-15-2006, 3:31 PM
I have a Jet Contractor saw that I recently put a Vega Pro 50" fence on. It is great, and the micro adjust is a VERY NICE bonus. The Vega is also signifigantly cheaper than the Bessy as well. Just my $.02 worth.

Greg