PDA

View Full Version : Pentz Air quality test done

Jan Williamson
10-14-2006, 9:46 PM
Bill Pentz arrived at my shop at 10 am this morning. 48512 First the shop tour where Bill advised many various helpful things regarding dust hoods.48514 The island includes a table saw/with router and downdraft table.
Bill conducted several air quality tests including one after making 18 cuts into a piece of MDF on the table saw, testing how well the DC and new dust hoods were working. Not bad! Dust hood not perfect, but better than I thought. I didn't see any dust come out of the dust hood but apparently some did escape. I will be installing a brush in the front along the bottom. He also gave some suggestions for a bigger downdraft table which will cover the entire back half of the out feed table. He said the cyclone had so much power it would do well with over double the area of my down draft So I will be changing that one for sure. The CFM measured out to 985, and Bill said that was plenty of airflow, but that it could be improved a little with a 4" vs 2/12" hose to the TS Blade/dust hood. I'll put that on my list of "to dos". Best part is that we were able to clear the dust back to the "clean shop state" in 11 minutes of running three open gates
I think with the addition of a fan and a good dust mask, I will be ready to make some serious sawdust just in time for Christmas!!
Thank you Bill!:D

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
10-14-2006, 11:43 PM
Hey Jan, that is great news! Nice to know something is working like you hoped it would!

Thanks for the post!

Cheers!

PS "Hi Bill! :)

Jan Williamson
10-15-2006, 12:20 AM
Stu,
I don't know if you can see them but there is a plate of cookies on the outfeed table. Bill requested chocolate chip cookies.:D They were goood...
I can't get over how awesome this DC is!!!

10-15-2006, 12:37 AM
Yep, I can see them, almost smell them! :D

Looks like you treat your guest mighty fine! :)

Yeah, my Pentz designed cyclone really sucks too! ;) :D

Cheers!

Bill Pentz
10-15-2006, 12:47 AM
Wonderful hosts, excellent job on her dust collection, fed and spoiled me well. *smile*

bill

Don Baer
10-15-2006, 12:53 AM
Bill,
Glad your getting some testing done and am looking forward to seeing your testing data. Jan thanks for letting Billl into your shop.

Doug Shepard
10-15-2006, 7:19 AM
Stu,
I don't know if you can see them but there is a plate of cookies on the outfeed table. Bill requested chocolate chip cookies.:D They were goood...
I can't get over how awesome this DC is!!!

Looks like I better practice my cooking skills. I wondered what it took to get a personal system insepction from Mr. Pentz. Now we know what it takes.;) Glad you got the elec. problems ironed out in time for the Cookie Monster visit.:D

10-15-2006, 3:10 PM
Hey Bill do you like Sushi............ ?? :D

Bill Pentz
10-15-2006, 8:14 PM
Doug & Stu,

Jan shared my weakness for food as my picture shows too well! Love to cook and eat. BBQ setup right now for some portabella stuffed mushrooms, big elk steak (thanks to Jan & hubby), grilled peppers, and grilled fresh asparagus.

Stu, lived in Japan as a kid so my sushi tastes run toward fresh vegetable rolls or cooked like California rolls. But I can make those vanishi quickly.

bill