PDA

View Full Version : A New Ripping Jig I just " discovered "

Jack Dickey
10-14-2006, 7:02 PM
I rip a fair bit of ends , butts , slabs , first cuts , whatever you prefer to call them .. I'm sure I'm not the first to make them , but have never seen them , and that aint saying a whole lot ..
I use both plastic and wooden horses , but prefer the plastic for ripping , for no particular reason .. I dont like the skilsaw cutting into the horse either way ..
So I took four pieces of glued up hardwood scraps about 16" long , cut a notch to match the back of the horses , laid em length wise two on each horse .. Just lay your board on top of them , and cut away .. If you're ripping down the middle , as you get to the end and it's getting ready to pinch up , just slide the jigs closer to the center and they'll support the weight fine .. Already made one modification , added a block about three inches long to the jigs , over the back of the horse where the cutout is , for extra support , if you use wider stock you may not need the added block ..
I just resized in my photo program , I think its larger now ..
I'd like this considered for addition to the article section ..

Mack Cameron
10-14-2006, 7:41 PM
Jack; I need the pictures to be enlarged!

Jack Dickey
10-14-2006, 7:44 PM
Anything bigger is to large a file for the forum ... AARRGGHH ..
I can email them larger ??

Mark Rios
10-14-2006, 8:11 PM
Jack (and anyone else of course), see if this place can help with resizing your pics.

http://www.resizr.com/