PDA

View Full Version : Where's Jim?

Ed Scolforo
10-14-2006, 5:05 PM
I know I haven't been around much lately, but I HAVE noticed a conspicuous lack of postings by our own Jim Ketron. Did he win the lottery and go on a world tour? Where you at, Jimmy?? I want to venture into hollow forms soon, and I could use looking at some of his works for inspiration.
Ed

Bernie Weishapl
10-14-2006, 5:59 PM
Ed I was going to ask the same question. I figured with his nice HF's he probably got rich and famous. Doesn't have time to post anymore.:D Haven't seen a post from him since about the end of August. Really do miss his posts and expertise here. I was going to do some more NE's and HF's. Was hoping he would be here for some help.

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
10-14-2006, 11:44 PM
Me too, in fact I've noticed there are a number of other members not around much right now.

I hope to see one and all of them back here in the very near future, and Jim is on that list for sure!

Cheers!

Dennis Peacock
10-15-2006, 12:18 AM
What....???? I'm still here. Do I still count? :p :D

I believe that Jim is working on turning stuff and just taking a break from online chat for a while. Maybe he'll jump in here and yack at us a bit.

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
10-15-2006, 12:34 AM
What....???? I'm still here. Do I still count? :p :D

Huh........??

What....? Oh yeah, I think I remember you..... ;) :D

Sure you are still here, so am I, but I do notice others missing. I sure hope they are all just getting ready for a productive winter in their workshops! :D

I believe that Jim is working on turning stuff and just taking a break from online chat for a while. Maybe he'll jump in here and yack at us a bit.

Hope you are right!!

Cheers!

Bernie Weishapl
10-15-2006, 9:45 AM
I agree Stu. There are a lot of others missing. A bunch that don't post much it seems like at least for the last month or so. Like you say hopefully getting ready for winter craft fairs, etc.

Jim Ketron
10-15-2006, 10:26 AM
Hey Guys!
I still pop in from time to time, Just had to take a break from the forums for a while, to keep my sanity!:D Plus I have been getting ready for a show that is coming up next weekend Oct 21-22 I have a lot of pics to take of some of the turnings that I have been working on. I will try to get some up this week.

Ed Scolforo
10-15-2006, 10:44 AM
Hey Guys!
I still pop in from time to time, Just had to take a break from the forums for a while, to keep my sanity!:D Plus I have been getting ready for a show that is coming up next weekend Oct 21-22 I have a lot of pics to take of some of the turnings that I have been working on. I will try to get some up this week.

Good to hear from you, Jim. Can't wait to see the turnings!
Ed

Bernie Weishapl
10-15-2006, 3:58 PM
Hey Jim great to hear from you. Can't wait to see pictures myself.

Dennis Peacock
10-15-2006, 11:04 PM
See!!! I told you he'd show up. :rolleyes: :D

John Shuk
10-16-2006, 1:33 PM
Funny. I was wondering the same thing. I miss all the nice posts.

Mark Pruitt
10-16-2006, 3:18 PM
Good to hear from you Jim. I've been missing your posts too. I look forward to seeing more neat creations from you soon!

John Miliunas
10-16-2006, 5:55 PM
In the infamous words of Dr. Frankenstein: "It's ali-i-i-i-ive!" :D Good hearing from you, Jim! Lookin' forward to the pics of your latest work! :) :cool: