PDA

View Full Version : Versalaser advanced control driver

Dave Chase
10-14-2006, 10:59 AM
Hi All,

Does anyone know about the advanced control driver for Versalasers? What is the advantage vs the standard driver? Is it worth having? Thanks!

Mike Shauer
10-14-2006, 12:27 PM
Dave, I have both. The one that came with your laser originally seems to be dependent on the type of material you are lasering, you have no control over speed or PPI. The laser is preprogrammed for the different materials that you pick from.
The advanced driver allows you to program the laser to what ever you need to mark or cut but you have to decide PPI and speed. It takes a while to get to know what is required for the different materials. The advanced drivers come with a manual that help you decide what settings to use and is only available from your dealer after they give you the instructions on how to use it.
I have found that I use both equally, on some things the original one is programed to work just fine on others it does not and I have to adjust the settings. Other days I am just to lazy to change them and willing to except the outcome
Mike Mackenzie can give you the technical side, as you can tell this is not it.

Cheers

Mike Mackenzie
10-16-2006, 12:05 PM
Dave,

Mike really said it all, The materials based driver is just that settings for particular materials it is very easy and works very well. It is also the only driver you can use if you have the filter unit. These materials have been tested to be safe to run through the filter unit and because it is set-up to turn on and off with the laser it is the only driver that works with this combination.

The advanced driver gives you infinite more control over power, speed, enhancements, etc. There are many more functions that you can tweak in the advanced driver. You can also have better control over materials that are not listed in the materials based driver. They both work very well and it is more of a preference of which one you want to use. Make sure that you get trained on the functions of the advanced driver, This will allow you to use it to its capacity.