PDA

View Full Version : G0555 and a 3/4" Timberwolf

Randy Cox
10-14-2006, 10:55 AM
Do you think the G0555 14" without a riser can tension this blade enough to resaw? Its a 3 TPI thin kerf blade designated AS-S. I do have an aftermarker tension spring installed. Has anyone used this blade before? Thanks for any input.

Randy

Jeff Horton
10-14-2006, 12:59 PM
I am resawing on my Griz (Go555 I think? Cant remember numbers) with a 3/8"timber wolf with no problem. I have a 3/4" but have yet to install it because this one works so well. So I suspect you wouldn't have a problem.

I bought a jointer from a Luther a few months back, he was using the same saw with 3/4 timberwolf for resawing. He didn't mention changing anything. Just made his own resaw fence. He let me cut with it and I was impressed. He was cutting thin pieces too!

BTW it took me a while to learn to adjust mine correctly but now I am well pleased with it. And when I get ready to do some serious resawing I will swap blades. Just so far this one does good enough.

My best advice is try it on some scrap and see what happens.

Randy Cox
10-14-2006, 3:07 PM
Thanks Jeff,

I think i am going to order one today.

Randy

Nick Roper
10-14-2006, 9:06 PM
That's what I use Randy. I do have riser blocks, but that does not affect the ability to tension it one way or another. The only difference is the riser block increases the size of blades you use to 105". It will give you a good straight cut, as thin as you like, however, don't think you are going to get away with using it for anything other than that straight line.

Randy Cox
10-14-2006, 9:18 PM
Thanks Nick,

That is exactly what i want it for. I am resawing thin slices right at or a little less than 1/16th. I am making Shaker boxes and this looks like just what I need. I am now using a Woodcraft brand 1/2" blade and while it is OK, I think i will get better results with the Timberwolf.

Randy

Jim Becker
10-14-2006, 9:27 PM
Talk to Suffolk about what you want to do...they will make a recommendation based on that and your saw.

Nick Roper
10-14-2006, 10:05 PM
Without a doubt you will be pleased with the result, and this is the blade they will recommend for what you want to do. Be sure and follow their instructions on tensioning. You do not have to crank down on the Suffolk blades.
If by chance you have to do a lot of stacked pieces or very thick stuff be sure and give their AS 1/2" blades a try. Fast, accurate curves as thick as you can stack them and will also give you a good smooth re-saw in a pinch.

Randy Davidson
10-15-2006, 7:28 AM
I called Suffolk early this week for a reccomendation for resawing 6 in cedar on my Griz and the 3/4 , 3tpi is exactly what they said to use. I pick mine up at the post office on Monday.

Randy

Eddie Darby
10-15-2006, 8:09 AM
Do you think the G0555 14" without a riser can tension this blade enough to resaw? Its a 3 TPI thin kerf blade designated AS-S. I do have an aftermarker tension spring installed. Has anyone used this blade before? Thanks for any input.

Randy

If it won't tension it then I would have to think that no other equally sized blade will work on your saw either, since the TimberWolf is a low tension blade.