PDA

View Full Version : Rojek KPS 300V and Laguna NX31

martyphee
10-14-2006, 10:15 AM
I'm looking for users experiences with either machine and if there's anyone in the Chicago area that has one I can see.

I'm also looking at the Hammer C3 31, but probably out of my price range.

Throw one more in the mix: Mini-Max lab 300N

http://www.minimax-usa.com/combos/lab300n.html

Scott Thornton
10-15-2006, 1:15 AM
I know there is a Rojek in the Chicagoland area, I was going to go see one before I bought mine. If you call Todd at www.rojekusa.com (http://www.rojekusa.com), he can set you up with someone. They were also in the area, I think last weekend for a show, I think it's over now though.

I have had a great experience with my Rojek, service and support has been outstanding as well.

john lawson
10-15-2006, 7:36 AM
I have had my KPS 300V for about 5 years - great machine. As far as I know the other machines are very good as well. Before I bought mine I traveled to Arkansas and tried one out. I met the service people at Tech Mark. They have been distributors of these machines for many years. I have needed only minor tech support and it has been excellent.

When you do your cost analysis of the machines be sure you are comparing like products, or as close as you can get. I highly recommend Rojek, it is very well made, but you will probably be happy with any of them. If you would like to talk about the pros and cons or need any other help before you purchase I would be glad to discuss it with you.

Good luck.

john lawson

Chris Barton
10-15-2006, 7:47 AM
Hi Marty,

I own a X31 and have not had experience with the other machines other than looking at them on showroom floors. That said, they are all good machines but, I would stay away from the NX31. The X31 is a truely time tested machine. The NX31 was an attempt to bring to market an upgraded X31 for the segment wanting something around the $9K range originally. I have read a few reviews and they have been largely negative.

MM does seem to have great CS (and most MM owners seem to need it). I have no idea about Rojek CS. Knapp or Fleder puts you back in the Laguna camp which varies by report as to their CS.

Joe Blankshain
10-15-2006, 7:54 AM
I have a Robland X31 and love it. I am also getting ready to go to the next large step as seen in my post about getting some quality information. The request is on MiniMax slider, jointer/planer and bandsaw. My mind is made up, now i need to find the room in the shop and get Dain to send it to me. Hope this helps and if you need further info or are coming in this direction, let me know.