PDA

View Full Version : Great to be human, minor boo-boo.

glenn bradley
10-13-2006, 9:43 PM
I measured once, measured again and then used some brads that were a little too long. Blew some nice pock-marks out the side of some redwood. . . right where it will show the best. Upside, its just a shop cabinet.

Brad Noble
10-13-2006, 9:56 PM
I measured once, measured again and then used some brads that were a little too long. Upside, its just a shop cabinet.

Don't you just hate that. I've never done it mind you (uh-huh, sure enough) but I've heard about it before.

They call that experience I think.

Brad

Jim Becker
10-13-2006, 10:01 PM
Glen, it's a natural law that when you use fasteners that are too long, they MUST erupt where the damage will be most visible... ;)

glenn bradley
10-13-2006, 10:34 PM
I'll add that to the laws of the shop. Just like your best brad point bits must fall point down just to the left of the rubber floor mat, eh?

Dave Ray
10-14-2006, 12:58 PM
Glenn, he who makes Boo Boos is actually working wood, not just reading about it. This is a good thing.

Scott Donley
10-14-2006, 1:03 PM
I measured once, measured again and then used some brads that were a little too long. Blew some nice pock-marks out the side of some redwood. . . right where it will show the best. Upside, its just a shop cabinet.This was really a gloat, right ? Redwood shop cabinets, that's a gloat :D

glenn bradley
10-14-2006, 3:00 PM
Dave,

I totally agree. As far as I'm concerned, every project is a learning experience at my level of skill. I often do joints or assemblies in a 'different' way just to practice. When I started WWing I built shop cabinets and tool stands out of scrap or cheap lumber. As a matter of fact I'm building one right now that includes some reclaimed lumber from an old water bed frame.

I guess that resolves the potential gloat Scott mentions. The red wood boards were a water bed frame, then garage shelves at my girlfriend's house and now . . . I'll post pics later.

I started this thread to laugh at myself and let others join in ;-)

Rennie Heuer
10-16-2006, 8:31 AM
They call that experience I think.

Brad

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

(I have a lot of experience.)