PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on McFeely's Hardware ?????

Brad Noble
10-13-2006, 7:51 PM
I am considering placing an order from McFeelys Hardware. I want to hear any rants / raves / compliments / complaints ... whatever, that you may have and are willing to share. I should say I'm not interested in starting a name calling thread but rather an informative one for all interested parties.

If you have something that you feel I need to know and it is 'questionable' as to whether you should post it up here, please PM me with that info.

Thanks in advance.

Brad

edited to correct the spelling of their name. Duh on me.

Dick Bringhurst
10-13-2006, 8:02 PM
I've made several orders with them and have been very satisfied. Dick B.

Reg Mitchell
10-13-2006, 8:08 PM
I have baught a few things and have no problem with service or product.....except they send a bill with the parts i want......gotta work on that one
Reg

Brad Noble
10-13-2006, 8:11 PM
I've made several orders with them and have been very satisfied. Dick B.

Thanks Dick, I appreciate your vote of confidence.

Brad

Brad Noble
10-13-2006, 8:12 PM
I...except they send a bill with the parts i want......gotta work on that one
Reg

HEY, If you get that one figured out you let me know ASAP!!!

Thank you Reg.

Brad

Alex Berkovsky
10-13-2006, 8:29 PM
... If you have something that you feel I need to know and it is 'questionable'... Brad,
Please see post #8 of this thread (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=44241). :p;)

Doug Shepard
10-13-2006, 8:32 PM
I dont order a lot from them, but every order has shipped pretty promptly and the hardware has been good quality.

Brad Noble
10-13-2006, 8:34 PM
Brad,
Please see post #8 of this thread (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=44241). :p;)

Fine. Pardon me, didn't mean to cause you a problem. :p;)

Brad

Dave Falkenstein
10-13-2006, 8:36 PM
I have purchased from McFeely's several times. They have good proiducts and good customer service. If they happen to be out of stock on an item, they send it later at no additional charge.

Brad Noble
10-13-2006, 8:37 PM
I have purchased from McFeely's several times. They have good proiducts and good customer service. If they happen to be out of stock on an item, they send it later at no additional charge.

Thank you Dave. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Brad

Roger Bell
10-13-2006, 8:54 PM
I have been ordering square-drive screws (I seldom use any other kind any more) and assorted other fasteners from them for at least ten years. I place an order a couple of times per year and it is usually for a couple hundred dollars or so worth of stuff. I like to keep a good stock of fasteners in the shop.

A good place for a decent range of specialty fasteners. Never a problem. I have never hand to send anything back or get engaged with CS after the sale. I don't recall "backorders" or any of that nonsense that is all too common elsewhere. Their stuff is good quality, prices are market-rate. I would rate them as excellent among mail order WW-oriented firms.

Brad Noble
10-13-2006, 8:58 PM
I have been ordering square-drive screws (I seldom use any other kind any more) and assorted other fasteners from them for at least ten years. I place an order a couple of times per year and it is usually for a couple hundred dollars or so worth of stuff. I like to keep a good stock of fasteners in the shop.

A good place for a decent range of specialty fasteners. Never a problem. I have never hand to send anything back or get engaged with CS after the sale. I don't recall "backorders" or any of that nonsense that is all too common elsewhere. Their stuff is good quality, prices are market-rate. I would rate them as excellent among mail order WW-oriented firms.

Wow Roger, thats a lot of fasteners! Thank you for your opinion, I think I'll go and "mash" that 'proceed to checkout' button. Some fasteners and some Festool stuff.

Brad

Steven Evans
10-13-2006, 9:25 PM
Nothng but good here. Very fast shipping. I have had good luck with my items being in stock.

Brad Noble
10-13-2006, 9:32 PM
Nothng but good here. Very fast shipping. I have had good luck with my items being in stock.

Thanks Steve. This is good news for me.

Brad

Mark Riegsecker
10-13-2006, 9:34 PM
I agree with you all. They have free shipping now for a limited time. Better hurry up with that order.

glenn bradley
10-13-2006, 9:44 PM
They are prompt and the quality of the screws I purchased is top notch.

Brad Noble
10-13-2006, 9:46 PM
They are prompt and the quality of the screws I purchased is top notch.

Gee, by the looks of things it looks like I picked a winner!

Brad

Jim Becker
10-13-2006, 10:04 PM
I've only bought square drive screws from them...totally satisfied with the product and service.

Corey Hallagan
10-13-2006, 10:12 PM
I ordred on the advise of this forum when I first joined. I have now bought several times, square drives, confirmant screws and drill bits etc. Very satisfied and never regretted anything I bought.

corey

Brad Noble
10-13-2006, 10:16 PM
I've only bought square drive screws from them...totally satisfied with the product and service.

Got some of them coming too. Thanks Jim

Brad

Rick Levine
10-14-2006, 12:04 AM
I've only had one experience with them. I needed a small order of specialty deck screws for some composite lumber, that I was using for a special project. Anyway, they were out of stock on the smaller quantity packaging and only had larger quantity containers.

The sales person said they would break open one of those boxes and send the amount I needed. Long story short, I never received the order and when I called to ask about the shipment the salesperson couldn't explain what happened. I canceled the order and found the screws at another company in the quantity I needed.

Bob Reda
10-14-2006, 7:31 AM
Brad,

Have been ordering from them for years. Top rate company. If you are looking for Festool, contact our own Bob Marino, then you will see what great customer service really is.

Bob

Bob Huddleston
10-14-2006, 8:36 AM
I thought they did good for my order. A bit higer prices, but quality was very good.

Brad Noble
10-14-2006, 10:33 AM
Brad,

Have been ordering from them for years. Top rate company. If you are looking for Festool, contact our own Bob Marino, then you will see what great customer service really is.

Bob

Bob,

Thanks. Oh, and I already did call "Uncle Bob" and spoke with him for quite a nice little chat. He IS top shelf, thats for sure. And he helped me very much and put me on a mission that landed me where I am now. Great guy.

Brad

Bruce Page
10-14-2006, 6:22 PM
I've been happy with both product & service.

Brad Noble
10-14-2006, 6:32 PM
Thanks Bruce.

Brad

Per Swenson
10-14-2006, 6:33 PM
McFeelys,

For screws, what a pleasure.
We use screws by the thousand
And Mcfeelys allows me to remain slow and forgetful.
I need something, it's here 3 days max.
"
'round here its a three day drive in a bad neigherborhood
to get specialty screws,so, tip a da hat to Mcfeelys for
Quality and service.

Per

Gary Herrmann
10-14-2006, 6:44 PM
I've ordered from them 8 or 9 times. Always pleased with the product and services. I ordered a confirmat bit once. It broke after 5 or 6 screws. They sent me a new one at no charge, no questions asked. They have since changed the design of the bit.

chip hamblin
10-14-2006, 6:48 PM
I have placed several orders with them and always been pleased with their fast and accurate service. I consider them one of the "good guys" among vendors.

Larry Norton
10-14-2006, 8:13 PM
I, too, have ordered several hundred dollars worth of screws and other stuff from them. One of the better companies, in my opinion.

Brad Noble
10-18-2006, 4:29 PM
Just an update. Placed the order, received the order (very quickly), everythings fine (as in everything was shipped and packaged well) and price was as promised. McFeely's appears to be a very good place to shop. This won't be my last order, thats for sure.

Brad

Mark Pruitt
10-18-2006, 4:55 PM
I know Jim, the owner of McFeely's personally. He's an upstanding man from whom you can buy with confidence.