PDA

View Full Version : Turned on the A/C

Joe Pelonio
10-13-2006, 6:21 PM
I hate to rub it in, for you folks getting cold and even snow (actually I'm enjoying it) but I had to turn on the A/C in the shop just now. With the temperature outside at well over 70 and the sun coming in the windows it got up to 76 in here. :eek:

This is the latest in the fall that I've worn shorts and a t-shirt. I suppose we'll pay for it later.

John Pollman
10-13-2006, 7:10 PM
Well I'm sitting here in my place about twenty miles north of Detroit. It's forty-one degrees outside and I've got a roaring fire going in the fireplace, the Tigers are up 3-0 with one out in the top of the eighth and the Redwings just dropped the puck. It looks like I'm going to be able to watch the Tigers go up 3-0 in the ALCS and then flip over and watch my Redwings battle the Sabres.

Life is good! :)

John

Edit:

1:29 into the game and the Wings are up 1-0. After they beat the heck out of Phoenix 9-2 the other night, things are real good right now.

Joe Pelonio
10-13-2006, 7:15 PM
I have a good friend from Detroit and can't stand the A's, so I'm with you on the ALCS!!:D Listening on the radio, still 40 minutes to work here.

Tyler Howell
10-13-2006, 7:18 PM
40* blustery and dry maybe some snow tonight .
Brought in a load of wood for the fire:D

Jim DeLaney
10-13-2006, 7:20 PM
...I had to turn on the A/C in the shop just now. With the temperature outside at well over 70 and the sun coming in the windows it got up to 76 in here. :eek: ...

And on this end of the country, I had to turn on the heat - in both the house and the shop - this morning. We had our first freeze - 29° - last night. The house was down to 64° this morning, and the shop was 57°.

But, at least we're not Buffalo, with two feet of snow! (although, the wife and I are going to Niagara & Toronto mid week, next week. Hopefully, the snow will all be gone by then...)

Robert Mickley
10-13-2006, 7:47 PM
you better hope the electric is back on Jim!!

Andy Hoyt
10-13-2006, 7:51 PM
Crystal clear and 72° today up here in the top right corner. Gorgeous weather!

Lee DeRaud
10-13-2006, 7:53 PM
Crystal clear and 72° today up here in the top right corner. Gorgeous weather!About 70 and partly cloudy here on the lower-left corner, although they're claiming it will start raining "any time now".

Nancy Laird
10-13-2006, 8:22 PM
About 76 today, will be about 40 tomorrow morning when the balloons are scheduled to start flying. Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta is in full swing, at least for two more days! It will probably rain tomorrow!

Dave Richards
10-13-2006, 8:47 PM
Snowed like crazy Wednesday and yesterday. Supposed to be in the 50's on Sunday. Don't know whether to borrow Tyler's thong and get a tan or get the snow blower out of the shed and see if it'll start. :D

Al Willits
10-13-2006, 9:37 PM
Tyler and a thong....hummmm...only thing worse might be Tyler in a thong using the snow blower...:)

Al