PDA

View Full Version : Garage Workshop Completion (Almost) Gloat

Dan Mages
10-13-2006, 2:22 PM
Hi Dan, This is Bill Anderson from "The Creek". Where have you been? I haven't heard anything about the theater construction project recently. I hope everything is okay, and that you are doing well. Just thought I would drop you a line. Look forward to hearing from you. Regards, Bill

You are right, I have been gone for a while. Allison, aka LOML has given me a new focus on my life away from half baked adventures into woodworking. There was a little hubris in assuming I can make the jump from fixing up the house and go straight into wood working. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy dabbling, but lessoned learned. Start with the small stuff and go from there.

Over Labor Day weekend I took her for a little camping trip to my boyhood home of Minneapolis. At least it was camping the first night. To her surprise, we spent the rest of the weekend in a fabulous hotel in Minneapolis. I showed her around the town, where I grew up and all of that fun stuff. We also went to the Minnesota State Fair, where you can get just about any food imaginable... on a stick! On Sunday 03 Sept 2006 I took her to the Walker Museum of Art after a walk through the museum, I took her to the sculpture garden in front of that big spoon with the cherry balancing precariously on it gleely squirting water from its stem, got down on my knee and asked her to marry me. We will getting married at the Mitchell Conservatory in Milwaukee on 27 May 2007.

But to the basement and theater. I got tired of working on top of myself so I shelved the project and decided to build a proper workshop in the garage, pictured below. As you can see, i am trying to get it all organized. The basement plans have been way scaled back since I will be selling the house next summer when I move up there to be with LOML. Stay tuned, I may have a fire sale on some leftover 2x4s plywood, and a little hardwood.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/DanMages/100_1791.jpg

Bill, I will try to post more often.

Dan

jeremy levine
10-13-2006, 2:41 PM
...got down on my knee and asked her to marry me. We will getting married at the Mitchell Conservatory in Milwaukee on 27 May 2007.

Congrats .....

Art Mulder
10-13-2006, 3:59 PM
The basement plans have been way scaled back since I will be selling the house next summer when I move up there to be with LOML.

A) Congratulations :D

B) Darn, no Tardis!? :(

Jim Becker
10-13-2006, 10:18 PM
Whoa!!! Congratulations!!!! I have my own Alison and I have to tell you, it's absolutely wonderful! (mine is the "one ell" version, however... :) )

Shop looks nice, too!

Dave Ray
10-14-2006, 1:04 PM
Way to go Dan. Congratualations. Good looking shop to, except got to do something about all those wires by the panel box.

Tyler Howell
10-14-2006, 1:24 PM
Congrats Dan,
I'm sure local creekers would have loved to celebrate your new adventure.
I frequent the places you spoke of.
Where did you go to school??
Shop looks good.
PS bring back the spanking hippo!!

Dan Mages
10-15-2006, 9:38 AM
A) Congratulations

B) Darn, no Tardis!?

Sorry, no tardis. But that will be a definate requirement for the next house.

Way to go Dan. Congratualations. Good looking shop to, except got to do something about all those wires by the panel box.

Those wires are the six runs I need to complete the basement work. Once the baement is wired, those will be terminated in the box.

Congrats Dan,
I'm sure local creekers would have loved to celebrate your new adventure.
I frequent the places you spoke of.
Where did you go to school??
Shop looks good.
PS bring back the spanking hippo!!

I went to school at Sonnesyn Elementary in New Hope and Plymouth Middle School in Plymouth.
No spanking hippo, but did find find something new for ya. :cool:

Thanks for the kind words!!