PDA

View Full Version : Aluminium (Stubbie Cooler)

Aimee Gray
10-12-2006, 11:57 PM
Hi Everyone

Okay so in the beginning we were told from someone (can't remember who) that doing aluminium if not anodised wasn't possible. So we thought we would try. And fair enough after cermarked and lasered it washed straight off. So we hadn't done it since. Then yesterday we got asked if we could do some stubbie coolers (aluminium). So we gave it a go. And YEPPIE it works. And looks great. I've attached a pic.

Aimee

Pete Andrew
10-13-2006, 5:09 AM
Hi Aimee

Looks good - did you use the cermark paste after all? Or just zap it without anything on?
And holding that image briefly in my mind... typing to you from England (That's Old England, not New England) as I am - surely you want your beer at room temperature anyway?

Dave Jones
10-13-2006, 4:07 PM
Chances are that the coolers are clear anodized.

BTW, it doesn't really do much good to zip a jpeg image. A jpeg is already compressed, so zipping it doesn't usually help much. Sometimes they are slightly smaller than the original, and sometimes they are actually larger than the original. In your case the original was 148K and the zipped version was 143K. Not enough difference to bother zipping it (in my opinion at least). A much larger difference can come simply by optimising the jpeg itself (such as with "Save For Web" in Photoshop)