PDA

View Full Version : My new video Podcast, "The Wood Whisperer"

Marc Spagnuolo
10-12-2006, 9:35 PM
Hey guys. I havent been to this forum in forever. Been quite busy with some big commercial jobs as well as teaching classes. As if I wasn't busy enough I have been spending quite a bit of my time lately setting up something pretty cool. I am sure that most of you, like me, are always hungry for woodworking content. And not just old vhs tapes from yesteryear, but new, interesting, and sometimes off-beat videos and commentary. Some of the things I have in the pipeline are interviews, real shop tours, tool reviews, and articles written by real-world pros in the industry.

There are two video formats available on the website, MPEG-4 and a larger Quicktime movie. Unfortunately, there is no universal video format out there, but most PC and Mac users should be able to view these files without difficulty.

The videos and postings can be picked up using any RSS reader/aggregator and are also available in ITunes.

This website should be a fun project and a great way for woodworkers to share content. I am not sure how often I will be able to get the videos out, but I am hoping for at least 2 per month. Articles and commentary will be posted more frequently.

So if there are any topics you would like to see covered, or if you have any questions, feel free to email me at the new email address:

We are just starting out and lots of details are still being worked out, but I do apreciate feedback. The current site is a temporary setup until we get our own custom site together. I hope you guys enjoy the show!! :)

Marc

Admin Edit: Marc, your web site is runnig forum software thus you cannot link to it publicly here at SMC as it violates our TOS. Member who wish to view Marc's site can click on his web link/avatar.
Keith Outten

Dan Gill
10-13-2006, 8:32 AM
Great idea, Marc! I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes. I'll pass it along to my woodworking friends.

By the way, I browsed your creations. Beautiful work!

Rick de Roque
10-13-2006, 9:07 AM
Looks like a good start. looking forward to more.

Rick

John Gregory
10-13-2006, 9:34 AM
Very well done. I am looking forward to more from you.

Dan Oelke
10-13-2006, 4:35 PM
Looks good. I look forward to seeing/hearing more!

I don't don't if a blog that accepts comments is considered a forum..... but if someone else is looking for it go google for "The Wood Whisperer". I didn't find a link directly from Marc's regular homepage.

Marc Spagnuolo
10-13-2006, 8:07 PM
Thanks for the help Dan. I havn't placed a link to The Wood Whisperer on my regular business website yet. I am still not sure if/how I want the two entities to interact.

And I also didnt think the ability to leave a comment qualifies as a "forum". Either way, I apologize for the TOS violation.

If I may be so bold as to offer a suggestion for the admins, it might be worth revisiting the TOS definition of "forum software". The last TOS revision was in 2003 and blogs were no where near the powerhouse of information they are today. You might be doing a disservice to your members by not allowing them to link to helpful articles and reviews that happen to be located on blogs.
By no means am I trying to stir anything up. Just making an honest suggestion. Hope Im not off-base.

marc

Marc Spagnuolo
10-16-2006, 6:28 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that Episode II is uploaded and ready for viewing. I will not be posting regularly when these Episodes are available, so be sure to check the website often or just get yourself a decent agreggator. Thanks guys. Hope you enjoy the videos.

Marc

Howie French
10-16-2006, 8:10 PM
Marc -

very nice ! I look forward to more shows, keep em' coming.

Howie