PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Epilog table

Dennis Kotlowski
10-12-2006, 8:31 PM
I am hoping somebody can help me here. I was cutting some thin sheets of wood and everything was fine. I put a piece of felt in the machine to cut and when it was focusing, the table just stopped. I hit the focus button and the table went down. I reset and set the job again. Same problem accept the table will not move now and it just clicks when I hit the down or up button. And my table is at a slight angle. I have an Epilog mini 18 25w. Any help here would be greatly appreciated until I can get tech support tomorrow.

Dennis
JD Laser Gifts

Joe Pelonio
10-12-2006, 10:14 PM
Which way is it at an angle, front to back or left to right?

Mine was at an angle once and the wheels had jumped the track on the right side. That was more of a y axis problem though and ought not affect the table movement.

Could a small piece of the wood have fallen off the edge and jammed a gear?

Dennis Kotlowski
10-12-2006, 11:13 PM
The left side is a little (1/4") lower than the right.

Dennis Kotlowski
10-13-2006, 6:15 AM
Well....I took the side cover off and the servo motor seems to be working (that gear tries to spin). But I noticed that it ran out of thread on that side and it probably got stuck. What is the easiest way to ree-thread that down. If I loosen the 2 set screws in the front of the treaded rod, will that let me spin it? I don't want to break anything. This is already setting me back a day. Thanks for all the help so far.

Dennis
JD Laser Gifts

Joe Pelonio
10-13-2006, 8:25 AM
Rather than suggest something that may be wrong I think you just have to wait for Epilog, they should be available in a half hour or so.

Tom Cole
10-13-2006, 4:03 PM
I have an epilog mini 18. If the autofocus doesn't work for whatever reason, the blocks will "top out" on the screw on one or both sides. I have had this happen to me twice now and if you remove both screws from the block, you can screw the block down on the screw shaft. I had to play with both sides to get mine level again, you may have trouble getting the screw shaft out enough to start to wind the block down, but you can do it if you are carefull. Also, when you remove the 2 screws from the blocks on both sides, the tray that holds the vector or raster table will be free to "fall" to the lowest position, so it's a good idea to have a hand under the table to lower it gently all the way down. Good luck

Frank Corker
10-13-2006, 6:09 PM
Dennis - read this thread - it's exactly the same problem that you are having, it's an easy fix

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=41120

The table can be wound to the top manually and levelled, then the belts as described in the above thread put back on and your problem will be solved.

It has something to do with thin materials - I've come to live with it as you will have to

Dennis Kotlowski
10-13-2006, 8:31 PM
WhooHoo!! I got it fixed! Epilog tech support helped me finish it off but I took everyones advise....so THANK YOU EVERYONE! I hope this never happens again but if it does at least I know what to do. I had to loosen the belt and spin the stuck side down and then level them out. So I am back in business. Thanks again.
Dennis
JD Laser Gifts